Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Seems plausible enough.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did that and I did notice my speeds went up to 0.5mbps down and 1mbps up, which is an improvement, but my phone still gets smacked down by the Arrive and pretty much every other 3G phone on Sprint.

Journeyman

I personally think the iPhone 4s is actually a beta for the 5.

Journeyman

Called them today and the representative did not deny the issue, she called it a "national outage" of 3G. Anyway, she told that they had planned on fixing the issue today but they delayed the ETA till the 24th, or Monday.

Also made sure that they knew I meant business. I told them my phone was unusable in it's current state, along with the three other iPhone 4S' in the household, and asked how my bill was going to reflect that issue. She just told me to wait till Monday and they'll she see what she can do. Make sure you guys let them know that it is unacceptable for them to expect full payment when they didn't provide a full service.

Journeyman

Have you tried it on AT&T?

ServiceNeeded wrote:

Wizard

4S is nothing like the 5 will be. Everything will be different. It appears more like there is a glitch in the way the 4S radios (transmit & recieve) talk and exchange data with the Sprint towers. Not sure why it would be much different than Verizon, though.

ServiceNeeded wrote:

Journeyman

Problem is not only with IPHONES.

Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

XERXES666 wrote:

Problem is not only with IPHONES.

Where's everyone else with the other phones who can't connect or use their devices? I don't have any problems with my EVO, anywhere... and I constantly travel for work. Where's the uproar from non-iPhone users? Sure there have been a few people who have chimed in, "Yeah, my speeds are kinda slow". But it's not the same degree of an issue.

Why do all the comments and acknowledgments from Sprint regarding outages only seem to pertain to iPhones?

I'm still waiting for the thread on how Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II are too slow to be useful. Are the new iPhone users just more vocal and less patient? Here's what I've come to find about these forums... If there's a problem with a phone or service, we are going to hear about it.

Journeyman

Houston, TX 77082

148ms

0.22 Mbps down
0.05 Mbps up

I really want to stay with Sprint if there is a fix or improvment in the future, but with 14 days from activation until I can get out of the two year contract, there is little choice. The iPhone 4s is so much fun, but so frustrating when the data network is so slow. Yesterday before 10pm I barley got above 0.0X Mbps speeds. I counted slowly to 30 until the website showed. Using Siri is a hit and miss. "Sorry, there's is something wrong, can you please try that again" comes way to often. I am a new customer, ready to put down $2K during the next 24 months if my toy works, but at this time, the clock is ticking. It got better today, during the day, got a couple of times in the 0.6 range and one time even 1.7 Mbps, but those are the exception. Now I am back to 0.22 Mbps on 3G. I am not asking for much. Try to provide a constant 0.5. I don't need 1 or 2 Mbit/s, but I need constant. I hate going through all this to get the iphone 4s. I missed my friday delivery and stood inline at UPS for two and a half hours. Now I have to go back to the end of the line and queue up again. Sprint should have learned from other carriers mistakes and not repeat them, upgrade their network before jumping ont he iphone gravy train. This isn't rocket science. -> Available bandwidth / (current user + anticipated new users)

When you are out with friends and you quickly want to lookup something, play a youtube video or simply show off Siri, that's when there is no data going. I can tell that Sprint knows, specially with their recent act of removing unlimited internet for anything but smartphones by November. This seems to me that it is a capacity problem. Tell me it gets fixed in the next 3 to 6 months and I stick with Sprint. No, not the frontline CSR that reads of his template responses. Somebody who is planing their expansion/network or is responsible for it.

I will probably go to the sprint store before my 14 days are over, checking speed till then and cancel unless there is some breaking news tomorrow that the antenna is messed up or a major software glitch on the Sprint network capped all the iPhone users. I don't plan to pay each month for this frustrating slow speed if other carriers don't have these problems.

Journeyman

I too have an evo 4g,  never had any problems with it until about a month before they announced the evo.

On fact, there was a merge here in Puerto Rico, AT& T acquired Centennial, since then all hell broke loose.

Bad data speeds, dropped calls here and there..  But definitely not as bad as it is right now.

I have to dial two or three times before I can get a call out.

I have an open ticket from about a month ago, and their only response is "we are waiting for parts".

Journeyman

I think there is way too much whining about nothing. We have an Airave in our home, full bars and great data in our home. Sprint was great to work with when our tower "disappeared." And, where we live in central TN and when we travel, we have done great with our EVO 4gs, and now iPhone 4s. I LOVE my iPhone 4s. Is it perfect, no. There ARE no perfect cell phones. But, it's pretty awesome. Speakers are the best, talk quality is the best, resolution is awesome, camera is awesome...I could keep going on. And, Apple Support is by far the best. I no longer have to deal with HTC/Google/Sprint, etc., when there's an update. My iPad 2 update to ios 5 was flawless. I never had that when EVO 4g was updated to gingerbread.

What is all the crying about??? And, this thread is getting posted all over on Tech Sites...that really irritates me! Verizon and AT&T customers don't whine like Sprint people do...they just pay a lot more and keep their mouths shut!

Journeyman

I am feeling your pain down here in miami , Sprint claims they have the "fastest" 3g speed in american according to pc world .... I call that BS , my friend has AT&T and he is iphone 4s and we compared the speeds, his phone shreds my phone into pieces. As a customer this is embarrassing for me, I feel like dropping sprint and going to AT&T, heck I will even take verizon as of now... I cant even stream pandora or even use siri sometimes because she "cant find or connect to the network" but the funny part is that my brother has the nexus s and his 3g is faster than mine, in the same house/location we are in .... so I am starting to believe that Sprint is doing this on purpose to us iPhone customer, whatever their reason is , they need to act NOW because they are going to end up loosing alot of customers....

PS do not tell me it may be my coverage Sprint because AT&T and you have the same coverage here in miami.photo.PNG

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat