cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Thanks for the constructive help MG"man".  (Should I have used the sarcasm font, or is it obvious enough?)

So you actually came here to waste everyone's time with your "helpful" post?  Nothing better to do I suppose?

Journeyman

For anyone who has data still be glad. I am dead in the middle of Phoenix Arizona and have not had it for 4 days now and when I am at home I cant even get or make a f**king call. When people call me they cant even get my goddamn voicemail. That really helps when you are expecting calls for job interviews. Sprint has really screwed up launching the piece of crap iPhone on an already overcrowded and outdated network. Whoever at Sprint made this decision, you should have your stupid ass fired. And as for Sprint, go ahead and track forum posts or whatever otther crap you do. Shut my service off so I dont have to pay ETF's and while you are at it, come by and pick up my worthless Epic 4g (still none and never will be 4g in Phoenix) and stick it straight up your ass.

"Welcome to Sprint. The Now we really fuc*ed up and screwed all of our customers network"

P.S.  Yeah I'm a little pissed off. Enough is enough!

Wizard

And you actually came here to make silly assumptions and further distort issues with random misinformation for everyone to read? There's already enough people doing that here. Sorry, couldn't help myself... but if my comment made one person think twice about what you said, my job is done here.

Robcourt91 wrote:

So you actually came here to waste everyone's time with your "helpful" post?  Nothing better to do I suppose?

Journeyman

To MG"man"

LOL.  Your "job" is done here?  'Nuff said. Funny but sad

Journeyman

I returned my iPhone to the Sprint Store yesterday. It was quick and easy. I am out the restocking fee and the activation fee. I didn't wanted to fight. It's school money, next time I should just do my research of what carrier to use versus being blinded by the "unlimited" data. I have nothing but good things to say about the customer service. The CSR on the phones are nice, but there is only so much they can do. I believe it is simply too little bandwidth for all. And yes, Sprint will fix it, but it will take time. Cell Towers and fiber paths are not constructed overnight. I am not going to AT&T and Verizon, I probably just keep what I had before and wait until Sprint got to a level where I don't feel like throwing the phone while waiting for a website or a youtube video to load. Might just wait for iPhone5 to come around.

Sprint will fix the current issue, and those that stick with Spring probably will be grandfathered in with their unlimited plan once Sprint goes to a limited plan just like AT&T and Verizon did when they got the iPhone on their network. Good luck everybody.

Journeyman

Dont even complain about weather or not Sprint is crippling the iPhone data. It's all of you iPhone users who think that piece of shit is actually a good product who are clogging up the network and f**king up service for everyone else. I'm using an Epic Touch 4g, My father is using an Epic 4g, my girlfriend is using an Epic 4g my kids are using an EVO and they all suck ass. I blame Sprint for selling that stupid iPhone and I blame iPhone users for causing the already crappy network to get even worse. Nice going.

Here are Speed Test results. When I am home and can use WiFi I still cannot make or receive calls and I cannot send or receive texts.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h390/MikeyLeeTDC/screenshot-1319606500802.png>

Typically this is what I get when I turn WiFi off. Real nice Sprint

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h390/MikeyLeeTDC/screenshot-1319605795680.png>

Then if I can manage to get any signal at all... well the numbers speak for themselves. And we all pay "Premium Data" charges.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h390/MikeyLeeTDC/screenshot-1319606489943.png>

Journeyman

By the way, it just took 15 minutes and several attempts for this page to finally load on my just-tested 32.67 mbps connection on my computer. 

But, MGman61, who's probably trying to respond at this moment and can't, already knew that.  Yes, this site and this particular thread has been slow to load (or times out) and YES, it could be because of the traffic given the crappy speed we're getting on our iPhones.

Journeyman

Let me get this straight.  Now some of you are blaming the consumers for having the "nerve" to buy an iPhone and, heaven forbid, wanting to get some enjoyment out of it?

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Journeyman

Ok. From what I can tell the Sprint network in north east Texas and Dallas area is fine unless your iPhone has an update issue. As for the guy who says its all us iPhone users killing the crappy network, wake up man. The network isn't crappy. Also if you're at home use your home wifi of you wanna surf really fast. I'm glad I don't have to use my Epic anymore except when I activate my hotspot. The damn phone restarts on its on when it's just sitting on my desk charging and if I'm using it I usually have to pop the battery to restart it cause something is over heating. They are crappy devices and I wish I could cuss cause I would use the s word.

I truly believe you guys are the exception and everyone else is fine. Now for those people on areas that have been having trouble for over a year that's just your area. Phoenix has lots of mountains for example. I went on vacation there a few years ago and my cell service with sprint was awesome and I was staying in the city but if you live around mountains you're gonna have reception issues because the tower has interference. I don't know where exactly Phoenix man lives but it's a beautiful area. Same for people who live in mountainous areas, you guys have the same problem as people in New York city.  Sprint absolutely SUCKS in NYC because the towers bounce off the buildings like on mountainous areas the signal bounces there. I'm sure you guys will either say I'm a sprint employee or fanboy or whatever but just know Sprints brilliant network is all towers it's not a mix of fiber optics and towers like Verizon and AT&T. Also if you didn't read AT&T pays Verizon to use Verions fiber network because AT&T can't build out cause of cost. I just hope if one of you guys do jump to one of the other two pick Verizon. AT&T needed Tmobile and now it won't get anything and AT&T is already rumored to be near or at capacity so either be patient or go to Verizon but don't send yourself to guarantee hell. Talk to you guys tomorrow night.

PS I live 60 miles east of Dallas and just did a speed test and I got 2.4mbps down .60mbps up. That's amazing for my little town. It means they have upgraded my little towns sprint tower that's been here since 1997. Just give it time some folks. Be patient.

Wizard

Nice comment, except for the lack of factual content, or any supporting evidence. It's not the phone, per se, it's what people do with the phone that determines how much data is being used. Those Android phones you listed have the potential to use as much or more data than an iPhone. Here's a quote from an article for ya... Let us know how that foot tastes...

"Most of this increase in data has come from users of Apple's iPhone and Google's Android smartphones. The average iPhone user will consume 492MB per month, while the average Android user will consume 582MB per month. Even though this isn't very much for the average smartphone user, you still have those "top tier" users that consume Gigs of data, and are using more each month because of them being on unlimited data plans."  -

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Smartphones-and-Data-Usage-A-love-story_id20825

MikeyLeeaz wrote:

It's all of you iPhone users who think that piece of **** is actually a good product who are clogging up the network and f**king up service for everyone else. I'm using an Epic Touch 4g, My father is using an Epic 4g, my girlfriend is using an Epic 4g my kids are using an EVO and they all suck ***. I blame Sprint for selling that stupid iPhone and I blame iPhone users for causing the already crappy network to get even worse. Nice going.

@ Robcourt91

"But, MGman61, who's probably trying to respond at this moment and can't, already knew that.  Yes, this site and this particular thread has been slow to load (or times out)"

Wrong again. Your experience does not equate universally to everyone. This site and this thread loads just fine…again… still…

Maybe you shouldn't try to load the website content while you are downloading a 2 GB file with your bit torrent client. (I just made the assumption that's what you're doing, cuz ...you know, posting unfounded assumptions is the thing to do here... I guess).

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SAXGOD - Well, I'm glad in your little town your getting good speeds which is probably why you are. But A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE live in cities.... with more than 50 people using the nearest tower. I live in Miami, Kendall and Sprint's network is just god damn aweful, and it's just not me..... it's my whole family that's on Sprint facing the same issue. Please don't say we're the exception and that everyone else is fine because it's obviously not when there's a 68 long page about people complaining about their data speeds, Which i bet a good portion of those people complaining came from Verizon or AT&T where they had pretty darn good Data speeds compared to Sprint and are displeased. Another thing is, Sprint probably knew their network wouldn't be able to withstand so many new subscribers and are just playing the "OH yeah.... we're looking into the issue and a fix is coming soon" When in reality all they're trying to do is hook you in with all the BS they've been telling people so they don't return their phones before the 14 day policy is up, which used to 30 but it was changed to 14 right before the iPhone came out...... what a convenience. Sprint has to tell you, they're looking into a "fix" for this problem, so not everyone returns their iPhone before the 14 days, and if you want to cancel after the 14 days? Sure, no problem but you gotta pay a $350 ETF. The only way Sprint is gonna fix this "issue" is by adding more towers to their networks(Which won't be happening anytime soon), because currently most of their towers are overloaded, thus the slow data speeds. Like i said before, I started to have this problem with my Evo 4G at the beginning of this year........WAY before the iPhone came out and have called countless times about this issue to no avail. I also even switched to another phone the Nexus S 4G only to have the same crappy 3G speeds i had on my previous phone. In conclusion it's not the iPhone but Sprint's network.

Journeyman

SAXGOD ---

I think I can speak for most people here when I say can you please shut up already?  You sound like a kid on a sugar high, and you incessantly repeat the same babble over and over and over!  We heard you the first dozen times.  Give it a rest already, will you?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat