Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

This is the speedtest screen capture I did on my brand new iPhone 4S.  As you can see, I got .016Mbps down and 0.05Mbps up.  For those of you want to say maybe the network is just slow in my area.  I did the same test with Samsung Epic Touch with 4G turned off at the same spot.  It's 3 times faster.  Is sprint crippling iPhone data rate, or there is something wrong with iPhone CDMA radio itself.

photo.PNG

2,896 REPLIES 2,896
Journeyman

I Love my iPhone Speed in Las Vegas. Im living in the north end of a city that is expanding more everyday and is in a big AZZ Desert.

Maybe some of you are getting slower data, but you really cant blame it all on the iPhone. It would be more on the new customers who finally get the option to have an UNLIMITED PLAN. Sprint was never ready to handle more clients coming over to enjoy the savings of not paying extra for Data Usage.

I guess it all boils down to you either STFU and stick it out or pay the ETF and GTFO  ahhhHHH LIGHT BULB

Some of us are HAPPY

Journeyman

I also get around 1.7 when I'm in downtown Dallas in the middle of work and faster when I'm leaving to drive home at night. The 2.4 is the fastest I recorded in my home town. Also was curious and did a speed test on my epic and it got 1.7 down. Somehow the iPhone is pulling data faster then my epic. Hate that phone and now I have proof lol as to why it sucks lol. And I'm wondering have you come from another company where data was faster. I've never had an issue with my data when I traveled and I keep hearing now the CSR folks are telling people to keep doing the ## update till things work. But if people have a mix of phones and they all are below .5 Mbps and its been like that for over a year it's probably Sprint. Make sure you have coverage like hit the coverage map and see how the coverage is. If its spotty then you know why your data speeds are sluggish.

Journeyman

Preach my fellow sin city sprint user lol. I do understand those who've had problems for over a year but then again why are they staying you know lol. But people need to realize this is week two of the launch it's gonna be bumpy lol you know.

Journeyman

GREAT response, MarzDS23!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're 12 years old.

Journeyman

Holy shit.  What part of NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, DOES SPRINT'S SITE NOT UNDERSTAND!?!?!?!?!??!!?  Emails every couple miniutes for a week is enough to drive someone crazy and make them want to leave Sprint even more!

Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 12.45.56 AM.png

Journeyman

@ TheRealHershey:

I too was annoyed with the email notifications (and my phone chiming late at night, indicating I got email) but I finally found the fix:

Go to "Profile" (under the "Your Stuff") menu.  Once on your profile, to the right of the page you'll see "Manage Email notifications."  Click on that and then delete this thread.  Problem solved.

Journeyman

Thanks a bunch!

In other news, this is one of the worst forums I've ever used.  Logs you out after 2 minutes, settings are all over the place, tons of weird quirks, etc.

Journeyman

I hear ya.  Glad you found my response.  I was ready to tear my hair out till I finally found it.

Journeyman

I was ready to change my email address.  Haha.

Journeyman

If your mad then leave sprint. Ive been with them for over 12years and its been up and down, but I still love the service they ive me.

Awww the Good Ol forum remark you must be XX age   /clap  for you I seriuosly got burned.

Go back and read my post again, then then think about it, and then tell your self I need to GTFO

its simple really.

I bet next time you post you will go down in the age you think I am.  LOL

You have a Nice day sweetheart

Journeyman

I haven't gotten a phone call in 3 days and my 3G is 100k.  Might as well carry a brick around with me.

Journeyman

Haha! SAXGOD!  Dude, you have some serious issues!

And you say you're an IT guy?  Judging by your grammar and seeming lack of intelligence, the only "IT" you may be mistaken for is Cousin It(t).  If you're confused (and that wouldn't so surprising), that's a character in "The Addams Family."

If I can make I suggestion, I recommend that you put as much effort into stocking those shelves as you do defending Sprint, albeit in your repetitive, incoherent manner.  Make your mommy proud.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat