Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Apple may say that, but the more bad press that Sprint gets, the better.

Sprint did point the finger at Apple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint needs to fix their customer service issues regardless. They could have extended the return policy, they could have credited my account, they could have owned the situation. Instead they retired my plan, despite saying countless times I could switch back. They refused to cooperate with me and lost a customer. None of that is Apples fault. Had they owned the situation and gave me a 30 day return policy and a month of service I would have rode the wave and gave them a chance to fix the problem. Despite a glitch with Apple or not Sprint should own up to the customers. When I got the retention line and told them I was leaving they said well ATT does not have unlimited data. What is unlimited .01 kbps worth to me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprints Unlimited 450 plan is the best plan out there.  79.95 and it comes with free GPS.. So the dats is slow right now, they'll get it

working. I lest AT&T which i had for 2 years with the IPhone. When I heard the deal Sprint was offering I couldn't pass it up and neither

could 90 % of my friends that all went over to Sprint. AT&T is a joke, dropped calls all day long, AT&T Sucks and is worthless, Verizon

is fine but they screw you bigtime on their plan. Try and come close to Sprint Unlimited plan with Verizon and your looking at

60 to 70 bucks a month more..

My new IPhone from Sprint works perfect, NO dropped calls, crystal clear calls, texting is perfect, My downloads are manageable right

now, they could be faster but what happens when Sprint gets that dialed in which wont be that long. Then what excuse will you have.

Stick with Sprint and put up with the data speed for now and take the 500 bucks a year you save by being with Sprint

and get a new IPhone every year..

Highlighted
Patron

Well, here we go again, week three, still having data issues between 8:00a - 7:00p, it's actually worse than AT&T in Pasadena, CA. Oh and forget Pandora, Netflix, or anything else on this network. The phone doesn't even buffer appropriately. My friends love to play speedtest games with me now because i always lose. But honestly, Sprint loses, because none of my friends, family, or coworkers will ever want to be Sprint customers. I honestly didn't think anything could be worse than AT&T but i was wrong. The funniest part of this all, is that i get close to 2MB download when i'm eating at a restaurant next to the Verizon store in town but the service at the Sprint store is dismal.

In a years time, when the iphone 5 comes out and Sprint has failed to meet consumer demand, it will finally be time for Verizon. Unless of course Sprint falls flat on its face and Verizon buys them out, which would actually be a win for all of us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sidlarrie wrote:

Sprints Unlimited 450 plan is the best plan out there.  79.95 and it comes with free GPS.. So the dats is slow right now, they'll get it

working. I lest AT&T which i had for 2 years with the IPhone. When I heard the deal Sprint was offering I couldn't pass it up and neither

could 90 % of my friends that all went over to Sprint. AT&T is a joke, dropped calls all day long, AT&T Sucks and is worthless, Verizon

is fine but they ***** you bigtime on their plan. Try and come close to Sprint Unlimited plan with Verizon and your looking at

60 to 70 bucks a month more..

My new IPhone from Sprint works perfect, NO dropped calls, crystal clear calls, texting is perfect, My downloads are manageable right

now, they could be faster but what happens when Sprint gets that dialed in which wont be that long. Then what excuse will you have.

Stick with Sprint and put up with the data speed for now and take the 500 bucks a year you save by being with Sprint

and get a new IPhone every year..

Spring Employee Alert!

Highlighted
Journeyman

New to the sprint network here and have consistant extremley slow speeds.

did three sepearate speed tests 11/3/11 in downtown lexington ky with the following results from speedtest.net:

1700 HRS       down: 93/kbps     up: 129/kbps     ping: 282ms

1737 HRS                 20/kbps          29/kbps               887ms

2207 HRS                 324/kbps        165/kbps               234ms

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone = iPhone 4s

zip = 72758

I'm happy to report that I've now received a 3G signal at my home and office for 2 consecutive days.  Previously, I was receiving a 1xrtt connection only when at a location where I had previously accessed a WIFI hotspot.  I can also report my signal is much stronger at home and the office, coming in at -62db vs. -88db.

Related to 3G speeds, I'm consistenly getting 350kbps down compared to 65kbps down before Wednesday.  Additionaly, web pages such as ESPN and facebook are loading much faster.  Downloading apps still much slower than I would expect.

Battery Life has worsened since Wednesday.  Specifically, prior to Wednesday the phone would only lose 10-15% overnight while idle.  Now it's losing 40-50% overnight while idle.  This is happening even though I've not changed settings (leaving WIFI on, Bluetooth off, most all push notifications off).

Journeyman

@robcourt91 I didnt do anything special to get those speeds. No network update or reset settings. matter fact i did another test this morning in Brooklyn and got 1.49Mbps down and .80Mbps up. Web pages load fine, Pandora and Sirius plays smooth and SIRI connects with no problem. for some reason the site freezes when I try to post pics so i can upload the screen shots but im very satisfied with the speeds. Guess I just got lucky.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having horrible speed's here too. I'm in Atlanta, GA and it's ridiculous. AT&T speeds hitting 5-6mbps down, and I'm getting .58-.92, haven't had a speed test go higher than that since I got the phone. It's ridiculous. Anything that requires buffering takes forever to load, media is just not accessible this way. I moved to Sprint because I heard the service was great and the speeds were competative. 1/5 of the speed I was getting on AT&T is NOT competative. AT ALL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just like last week, Thursday and Fridays have resulted in much slower speeds than Monday through Wednesday in both 32789 and 32812. 

M to W Averages:

DL = 1.0 to 1.40

UL = 0.3 to 0.5

Thur & Fri Averages:

DL = .15 to .40

UL = .00 to .18

This is an exact repeat of last week thus far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anysmal speeds here in Minneapolis too....

My speeds from the last few days in Kbits/s.... that's right.... f'ing bits, not bytes.

Down                         Up

180 avg/186 max         61 avg/64 max

73 avg/86 max            14 avg/18 max

263 avg/311 max         32 avg/35 max

That's just under .4 Mbits/s at the highest speeds I've seen lately.

Highlighted
Wizard

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat