Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

This is the speedtest screen capture I did on my brand new iPhone 4S.  As you can see, I got .016Mbps down and 0.05Mbps up.  For those of you want to say maybe the network is just slow in my area.  I did the same test with Samsung Epic Touch with 4G turned off at the same spot.  It's 3 times faster.  Is sprint crippling iPhone data rate, or there is something wrong with iPhone CDMA radio itself.

photo.PNG

2,896 REPLIES 2,896
Wizard

haha.  I love it.  I actually did and did not see that.  Thank you for finding it.

Journeyman

Lol glad you have a sense of humor most people act all rude. Lol no problem. 🙂

Journeyman

SA_Doc

You say you're in San Diego and have no performance drops on your Sprint iPhone 4S. I too am in San Diego, actually I'm currently at work in Downtown right next to the airport. My speeds have been low since the first day I got the phone. Web browsing is a little slow but works, Siri also works most of the time. My problem is with these data speeds it's nearly impossible to stream any YouTube videos or Netflix videos without having to wait forever. Downloading Apps from the appstore takes forever also. All last week and this week I've been averaging download speeds from .01Mbps to .50Mbps. What kind of speeds are you getting with your iPhone 4S? Do you have trouble streaming videos?

Journeyman

Btw it's 4:30pm and my speed test results were .10Mbps down and .41Mbps up

Wizard

No Boom, I have a EVO 3d.  I am just trying to get you guys, that are having troubles, some relief.  The more I can understand the problems, the more I might be able to help you guys get a solution.  anyway....

I am in La Mesa.  I am just about 1m up and 1m down on 3g.  So your phone has sucked from day 1.  This would tell me that the radio or software is not optimized for the Sprint network.  When you say day 1, was that before you installed any apps?

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Wizard

Have a buddy there do a speedtest ..... preferably right next to you on a different phone

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Wizard

Rob got aggressive with me, when I am just trying to help.  I replied the way I did to squash that crud.  All we care about is getting it fixed, so we need to focus on that.  The rest can go away

Wizard

Right now I am getting network connection errors.  It has to be the weather.  I am still able to access websites (slowly), though now it says I am roaming.  It took me 78 seconds to access Engadget.  Yesterday the phone was flying.  rebooting...............................................................................................................updating to a new version of speedtest.  No help.  It has to be the weather for me anyway.  I am gonna keep testing it for the next couple hours to see if fixes.

Journeyman

My iPhone 4s has been slow from day 1. Before and after apps. I even tried restoring the firmware (wiping everything clean and starting over) and still no change.

There nobody here right now that has Sprint so I can't compare connection speeds with anyone.

Wizard

When the weather clears up, I would head to the Mission Valley store....by the stadium and test an iPhone in there.  If the phone is fast, demand a new phone.  If not, then you will have to use your power of persuasion that they do the right thing.

I hate this darn disclaimer....thanks FTC, I am always forgetting it.

Journeyman

If he were to get good consistent speeds in the Sprint store, that doesn't necessarily mean his phone is defective. Many Sprint stores have signal boosters.

Journeyman

The store I was in had great service.  Using wifi. I turned it off and it changed quickly.....

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat