cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Sprint sahould definately consider this. I would be their customer for life if they own up to the faulty data coverage and suspend the 10 premium plan until they can match the speeds of other carriers.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I can't stand the slow 3G data network.  I was really looking forward to comming back to Sprint and waited for the iphone 4s to come out.  I am very disapointed at the data speed. :-(

Journeyman

I totally agree if they did that I would be a lifelong customer as well. I already love their in house customer service and their rates if they did that I would be humbled by their honesty and stick with them forever, which may happen anyway seeing as how they are the only ones with reasonable prices in my area.

Journeyman

I feel bad for anybody that switched to sprint for the 4s. I've been with sprint for years and finally got a smart phone about a year ago. I was happy at first. Now their service for everybody, not just iphone users, is unusable. Unlimited Data, what a joke!!! Its useless when you are only using your phone when wifi is around. Sad to say it but sprint will always be two steps behind the others.

Journeyman

What happens if they get it fixed in a week or two. Then everything is good now. oh and also

your saving 40 - 50 bucks a month over the other carriers..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've priced out what other carriers would charge me, $10 more a month. I'll pay $10 for far superior service. I dont know where you are at but in my area im getting speeds that are unusable. Not happy

Journeyman

Echoes during calls, problems with audio on both ends, static on the line, Siri doesn't work(am I the only person in the world who knew it was still in beta)...

My friends went on and on about the joys of their iPhones. They sneered at old-fashioned me with my antiquated Nokia semi-smartphone. I stuck with Sprint, and my phone that still made analog calls in a pinch. Now I have annoyances galor, the Cloud seems more inclined to erase my Contacts than sync them, half of the cases they sell for iPhone 4S don't fit, even the ones from Apple.

Is this really what we bargained for with our supposed "upgrade discount" that gave us the same price that everyone else was getting?

Journeyman

photosdf.jpg

this is my iphone 4s sprint , please fix this is imposible to connect to internet with this speeds, i planing move to verizon or att, sprint is sucks

Journeyman

tphotosdf.jpg

THIS IS VERY SLOW EDGE CONNECTION, NOT 3G, I DONT HAVE INTERNET WITH THIS SLOW SPEED, PLEASE FIX THIS NOW THANKS.......................... IF NOT I WILL MOVE TO ANOTHER CARRIER.

Journeyman

I'm starting to see an improvement.

Journeyman

Yesterday was my 14 day end period. But , I have decided to stick with Sprint. I have started to see some improvment in my area. I am getting 1-1.5 MBPS at home and around 700-900 KBPS (earlier it wa 50-200) in my downtown office today.

Journeyman

are you going to change your user name to decentspeed or lowishspeed?

I also wanted to respond to the guy who was trying to figure out how many people are affecte by this, through the thread View count (now at 271,958).  Here are some variables to consider:

1. I bet many people, like myself, follow the thread through e-mail notifications.  This means I don't have to "view" the thread each time a response is posted to know what's going on.

2. There are probably a lot of people who search for "sprint low iPhone 4S speeds" and this thread comes up (not necessarily through the search, but the eventually get here through external links).  They view it, but probably do not have (or want to be bothered) to create a user name to actually reply & post their experience.

So it's not just the people contirbuting to this thread that are affected.  There are many others out there who simply view it and never respond.

btw, since the first week of low speeds, I haven't really had any issues (North (home) & Central (work) Jersey).  Even when the speeds were low, my actual exeperience was good.  Speed tests are only as good as your connection to the speed test server, and how many people might be running a test simultaneously.  The speed test servers don't have infinite bandwidth.

lowspeed wrote:

I'm starting to see an improvement.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat