cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Tech support has told me that Apple and Sprint are working on a software fix for the iPhone.

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Highlighted
Journeyman

SA_Doc... is it Sprint Tech Support or Apple Tech Support your source?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

It was Sprint Tech Support.  I don't see how this is the issue but who knows.  My speeds today are a little better than the 4th and 5th, but not much.  I believe there are tower issues, especially in my area.  My service was 900kb/850kb/140ms and the next day fell to 10kb/9kb/1500ms.  Today I am at 100kb/40kb/1200ms.  Not everyone is on the same page.  What I am convinced of.....They are trying to fix it.

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Highlighted
Journeyman

I switched from att to Sprint this weekend and am kinda regreting it. My data speeds have been dreadful, i mean really awful. I hope Sprint and Apple work this out VERY soon or I will just return the phone and head back to att. They should have already given us a date when we can expect the update at least.

photo.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't hesitate, run back to att. Even if they fix it your speeds wont be much different. Sprint needs to fix the whole network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

take note. giving a date is meaningless...

for example . the snow storm that NY had that knocked out power for some. dates were set an gone... and still  people don't have power 9 days later..the point.

unless, the person giving the date is doing the work.. dates are never set in stone, and i get why they are not given.. when the date is not met, thats just one more thing to complain about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well has Sprint been willing to compensate anyone for this? Why am I paying an extra 10 dollars a month for subpar service?

I was really looking forward to moving over to Sprint but just questioning the decision now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint doesn't do discounts very often, not if they can help it. I understand the penny-pinching, but when they try to convince that the are actually cutting you a break when, if anything, they're charging you more!

I was supposed to get $150 off of the cost of any upgrade. They tried their best to convince me that the price they were giving me, the same price that they were giving everyone else, WAS my discounted price. The only discount I got was for games I had purchased that were in my Content Manager but I could no longer access or play them. There is finally access to the Digital Lounge, but it doesn't work very well from the iPhone. Which defeats the purpose of having data on the iPhone anyway. Not to mention I'm grandfathered in to the Simply Everything plan, with unlimited Internet, but they're still charging me extra per month for data. REALLY!?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not read the full thread.  My purpose here is just to write down my experience.

When I switched over from my EVO to the iPhone 4s, downloading apps was painful.  I also can no longer use the Vulkano app (it is like slingbox) at an enjoyable level.

When I go home, I quickly switch to my wifi network just to enjoy the phone.

Lastly, I truly feel that it is not really the type of smartphone you have, but it is really the Sprint network.  Some areas have great coverage, some are just really bad.

I remember having my HTC Hero 2 years ago and was getting speedtest results of .8d\.3u.  Now, i'm, lucky to receive .1d\.2u.

I use my sprint phones on the following zip codes: 10801, 10465, 10461.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I gave them 3 weeks to fix this problem. 200-300 download speeds are terrible. Sprint should be ashamed. I'd expect that from a pre-pay company, but hell STRAIGHT TALK is getting 1.5-2.5 mbps this is ridiculous. I already ordered my phone from AT&T i'll try and sell this phone on eBay for the price of my ETF cause this is ridiculous . Ashame I'm still paying the same amount someone with "4G" speeds are and I can't even check my twitter, check my email or stream youtube videos. So much for unlimited data I RATHER BE CAPPED at 2GB and be able to USE IT then have UNLIMITED and cant do SH!t.

& sprint I may be only one customer that you lost but expect my mouth to be running on other forums and facebook.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Orlando florida and the data speeds are ridiculously slow ( 0.01- 0.16 Mbps DL and 0.05-0.06 UL)but i took a trip to NYC this weekend and noticed the speed on the iphone had nearly tripled sometimes even more (up to 1.28Mbps DL). i was able to use pandora with no buffering problem(speed was checked via speedtest app). i hope sprint resolves this soon.

Highlighted
Patron

You guys are lucky you could activate your phones mines wont becaues its meid is 99000 not 990000 =D thanks apple and sprint!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat