cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

##update# and then speed test the prls will update this worked for me correct my data issues was recieving .05 now back up to 1.5 mbps down

Journeyman

Here in Scarsdale NY... 3G speed: ping 94ms, download 0.64 Mps, upload 0.69 Mps.

WiFi Speed: ping 34ms, downolad 20.93 Mps, upload 16.34 Mps.

Journeyman

No reason for name calling in your earlier post above.

You posted that your speeds were as slow after the update as compared with before the update... well of course they would be since the update of the software was not designed to fix this problem.  The update even states what it fixes and slow internet speeds is not one of them.

My post was that going to the top of the roof was a fruitless adventure at best.... but hey, you tried.

Hopefully, in a week or two (or three at the latest), Apple and Sprint will get this figured out.

Journeyman

I did want to got back to my old phone, but it wasn't possible. Because it was falling to pieces, literally. I had it held together with Scotch tape! When I went to Sprint, they pressed me to get a new phone. I tried a couple of phones in previous years, and wasn't happy with their usability. I went back to the Nokia. But the Nokia is barely a smartphone since Sprint redid their mobile site a few years back, taking up to five minutes to load an email.

My phone was six years old. There's no support or repair for it, no parts. I've been using an iPod Touch for the last year, so I got an iPhone.

A lot of the people on your thread seemed to be under the impression that the new update was for the 3G issues, and ready to blame Apple if the update didn't solve their problems. So I thought I'd let them in on the resources that would let them know what's going on. I wasn't trying to step on your groove or insult you, so why be rude to me? I'm no Apple advocate, I just had some info that a couple of people on your thread could use. That all right with you?

Journeyman

I too, as well as many others can not seem to reach adequate download speeds on my iPhone 4s. Navigation is almost impossible in south Florida, as well as any other Internet feature. I almost am starting to pray that I find a wifi network. I have a download of 1mb and upload of .16 in plantation Fl. Very unsatisfied with sprint

Journeyman

I'm fed up with slow data speeds! I get nearly 2mb down and 1mb up while on my Airave, National network .20 down .10up!!! I can't go much longer!!

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

@Liquid-X

The topic of this thread clearly states "iPhone 4S"  your interface in those screen shots are clearly not an iPhone.  You are comparing apples to oranges....

And people are upset because the iPhone was sold by sprint... if sprint had been selling them and telling everyone "ohh by the way, the iPhone wont get a very good data connection" then it would be their own fault.  But when they sell a device and even show SIRI in the commercials but then SIRI wont work because the connection is too bad. 

This upsets people!

Journeyman

In Houston, 77079. I suddenly got the below speed last night. Last night speed was constantly around 1.5 mbps to 2 mbps for me. And it is fluctuating left right and center from 20kbps to 2 mbps for me! As for now, Beat this!

photo11.PNG

Journeyman

What is your PRL number? Settings -> About tap on on Sprint PRL # is shown???

Journeyman

I am not sure if I understood.

I see Version - 5.0.1. And Carrier - Sprint 11.3

Highlighted
Journeyman

MBURNS1981 wrote:

What is your PRL number? Settings -> About tap on on Sprint PRL # is shown???

To help him find it, and not be a troll.  its "Settings --> General --> About --> (then tap the "Carrier" button)

Journeyman

My speeds in North Jersey (07644)

1st against a far away server (Sayreville, NJ):

Down: 1.24 Mbps

Up: 0.85 Mbps

2nd against a closer server (Clifton, NJ):

Down: 0.91 Mbps

Up: 0.82 Mbps

3rd against a server between the 1st & 2nd (Secaucus, NJ):

Down: 0.96 Mbps

Up: 0.58 Mbps

My phone info:

Carrier: Sprint 11.3

PRL: 51082

ERI: 1

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat