Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Scored this awesome speed today at work, with just 3 bars:

a6066f63.jpg

Journeyman

My speeds in NY 10466 have been horrible this week. I am now able to connect to 3G from home whereas last week I continously saw a "o" instead of the 3G, but even with 3G my speeds have dropped drastically since my last post. Here are my results for today

photo.PNG

Sprint please rectify this. Please!!!!!!

Journeyman

I just downloaded iOS 5.0.1 and ran the speedtest. I normally couldn't hardly get a decent speed at home, no more than .2 MBPS down, and I got 1.22 down.

Journeyman s_y
Journeyman

Have been watching this thread-was on wait list for the 4s, when it arrived last week hestitated to go pick it up as I've been reading this thread from the beginning.    fyi: (not to minimize the frustration) , but I did get the phone yesterday.I can only conclude that the problems described here are situational, or maybe motivated by other factors, like let's trash sprint; calling sprint tech support or even reading their outsourced email responses for the past 15 years...I know what you mean, BUT I had NONE OF THAT HERE.     I'm in Southern California, the phone works great.  No I do not work for Sprint.

Journeyman

EVERYONE START CALLING THE SPRINT TICKET TEAM AND COMPLAIN TO THEM!!! I FOUND THERE NUMBER. IT WAS DIFFICULT!!!

(866) 984-4962

okcmbb@sprint.com

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

New Sprint customer here. Pre-ordered the 4S online and received it on launch day. Wifi works great but 3G speeds are very slow or non-existant. Half the time I try to use Siri, it says I can't connect.  Same goes with web & maps. Here's my latest speedtest...it's consistant with the 3G speeds I've been getting for the past month:

166883224.png

Finally called Sprint early this week about it. Was transfered to tech support. The person I spoke to said she knew nothing about a problem and that my call was the first she heard about it. Did a reset & refesh on my phone but that did nothing. Told me to call back tomorrow if I'm experiencing the same problems.

Called back 2 days later. Tech support this time acknowldges that there is problem and that they're working on a fix but don't know when it will be ready. In the meantime, tech support was going to transfer me to account services to see if they can adjust my bill to compensate for the 3G  problems. I'm put on hold for 25+ minutes. I hang up, call back and go thru the same thing....on hold for another 25+ minutes while waiting for account services. Call back a 3rd time and demand that I be connected directlly to someone in account services.

I finally get thru and right off the bat the account services rep cops an attitude with me. Tells me that there is no problem with their 3G and I should just wait it out. At that point I tell him to cancel my contract beucae I'd rather pay a $350 cancelation fee than $2000 over the next 2 years for poor service. He finally caves and offers me a $10 credit on my bill for the month which I accepted.

I'll give Sprint another month to fix this. If the speeds have not improved by then, I'm ending my contract and taking my business to AT&T or Verizon. Service like this is totally unacceptable.

Journeyman

Well this answers my question. I am in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and nobody I know, who has an iPhone, is with Sprint. (When I lived in Orlando, a major city, i got awful service with Sprint on another phone). I have not heard one complaint of slow speeds from any of them. So my decision to leave Sprint is becoming more clear. If I hadn't had bad service for the year in Orlando as it is - with a basic bare bones pre-iphone phone - I might give it more thought.

(with Sprint since 2003)

Journeyman

I returned my iPhone 4S on the 24th of October. I just received my 4S on ATT. On sprint I had less than .25 at all times. I returned. My ATT iphone 4S is currently getting 5.99 mb/s and 1.3 up. It's unbelievably fast. I'm currently yelling at sprint because they charged me 90 bucks for 10 days of use, when I couldn't use it

Highlighted
Journeyman

60681 was just pushed to my iphone 4s!! hmm...

IMG_2042.PNG

Journeyman

Interesting....I just did the ##update# and my PRL is still the same  51082

Journeyman

OK, that is interesting on PRL.  The 5 and 6 prefix indicates different families of PRL. (different device families, i.e. EVDO or 1xRTT or data-only, etc.)  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1726540-Latest-Sprint-PRL-thread/page5   that thread lists that 51xxx/52xxx are generally GSM-capable phones, 60xxx is generally EVDO phones, 61xxx is generally EVDO data cards. 

I'm running 52082 at the moment, some on that forum are reporting 51082 also.  So perhaps there is some inconsitecy in how the phones are getting provisioned on the network, and the odd mix-and-match PRL numbers is an indication of that.  (more of a sympton rather than a cause)

On 52082 I'm getting slow speeds still, 0.09mbit/sec down, 0.16mbit/sec up.  I'll try ##update# and report back if I get a different PRL, but not expecting different since I think the provisioning profile decides which PRL your phone is allowed to download.

Journeyman

I am 51082

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat