Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly, fewer people means more bandwidth hence why it gets better at night as well. My guess is that the iPhone taxes their network too hard and they havent finished their fiber/microwave overhaul yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Right. I live and work in San Francisco. Every part of the city is giving me a different result. Where I live I get 1.5mbps+. Where I work, in the industrial part of town, I'm lucky to pull .2 on a Friday afternoon after everyone has left for the day. In Union Square its lightning fast. This is only a little worse or better than on my HTC Hero. Opening Yelp to find a restaurant nearby was like getting my wife to pack a suitcase before the last minute. I can understand why some people would be angry. If this was my normal speed I would be really frustrated. Its not like this is a free service.

I've been with sprint for 10 years, during which I spent four years putting off leaving to get the iPhone on AT&T. They have gotten over their heads before as a company (remember when 3g started??). I believe they will fix the issue, and soon. It just takes time.

BTW, I didn't know Sprint had released iPhones until suddenly a week later, while checking up on why my service suddenly took  nosedive, I saw the news. This is truly not surprising. Its also very reminicent of the issues AT&T had when they first picked up the iPhone 1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Customer Service is Pathetic!

Sprint data downloading and uploading speeds are Pathetic!

Sprint false advertises!

Sprint is not reimbursing those that are affected (because if they did, the company would go bankrupt - that’s how many people have been affected)

In short - Sprint is the worst cell phone provider!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea now I'm at my work which is 17 miles away from where I'm having the speed issue and is 3pm and I'm having truly blazing fast speed I'm talking about 2000+ download but at home barly  190 so it's definitely the network overloading in certain areas at certain times of the days

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like many others here I moved to Sprint for the unlimited data. What an effing joke. It's like telling a kid she can eat every cookie in the house if she finishes her homework, knowing that you're out of cookies.

I guess I thought it was a given that if I paid for a data and teathering plan that I'd actually be able to access some data. My bad for assuming that a major US company couldn't get away with selling a service they can't provide. I guess fraud isn't illegal if your company is big enough.

This is my first experience w/Sprint and, though I never thought I'd hear myself say it, I actually MISS at&t. That's kind of impressive in a perverse way.

Heading to a Sprint store after work to demand my data plan be pro-rated back for this last week. If it's going to be like this, I could have bought a wifi ipod touch and a MetroPCS phone and saved myself a LOT of money.

photo.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone see the Tonight Show w/Jay Leno tonight? lol he made fun of sprint and the iphone... trying to find the video online lol, maybe that will actually make sprint take this seriously...

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's hilarious!  Here is a link.   The sprint joke is at 3:15 into it:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/youve-been-warned-11-17-11/1369223

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zing!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

SO then my posts gets kicked because i speak the truth??????

interesting

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went with my friend to upgrade his att iphone to the 4s.  I ran a speed test on their 3g and it was 3.5mbps.

That's like Sprint's 4g

Journeyman

if the 4g worked more then just standing still.....

Highlighted
Wizard

I hope this help everyone on this forum know what has happening and/or the future plans with the local Sprint tower in your area.

I found this in Sprint facebook page. If you go to https://network.sprint.com/ You will be able to see what Sprint has done the past 6 month and/or what Sprint plan to do in the next 6 month to the local towers in your area.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat