cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Still averaging around 500-600ms ping and 0.1 - 0.2 Mbps with 3G when I'm out of the house. Today it literally took me 5 minutes to send a text with photo attached. Ridiculous.

I think I'm going to jump ship with Sprint and eat the $350 early cancelation fee. Makes more sense to do that then pay $2000 over the next 2 years for poor service like this. What do I do with my 4S though? It can only be used with Sprint, right? I can't take it with me when I sign up for Verizon or AT&T?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Getting consistent speed in Wichita, KS (Zip Codes 67217, 67213, 67203, 67212, 67205).  I hope things get better for those folks with speed issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Norkusa.....sale your iphone.  I sold my iphone 4S 32 gig for $550 bucks on craigslist

Highlighted
Journeyman

And by the way I used 1.7 GB of data in my first 8 days of service.  Thinking about doing netflix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Those are some good speeds.  And quit sucking down the bandwidth for the rest of us....

Im kiding.  Im on my way out anyways.  Take it all.  Its not a concern to me anymore.  Free at last

Highlighted
Wizard

SprintUser1983 wrote:

MY zip code is 61701!!!!! 

Follow mapsey advice on reporting slow speed on the Network and Coverage forum. Sprint will be able to help you if you start your own post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Called sprint to complain about dropping calls at my house, after 2hrs on the phone and being cut off by one of the reps after the first hr, they finely determined that I qualified for a free Airave (basically a mini tower in my house).  The 2nd rep said it would help with cellular but not data. (By the way, sprint rep, it does increase the data signal, you should know that!)  Got it in the mail today and hooked it up.  And this just confirms that it isn't my phone like one of the reps had said, "Apple is looking into a software problem that's causing bad signal and data speeds."

Wake Forest, NC 27587

Download 1.45Mbps

Upload .47Mbps

Ping 237 ms

Prior to this it was:

Download 0.07Mbps

Upload 0.01Mbps

Ping 856 ms

So basically the network is crap, if only Sprint could figure out how I could carry a tower in my pocket, I would be golden!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the airwave works through your internet connection at home.  Since you got the airwave for reception but are only getting 1.45MB, why dont you just get wifi?  I was getting 21mb on my wifi connection at home.  But getting between 100kbps and 500kbps when I was away.  Since i spend the majority of my time away and not on my home wifi......something had to give

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I never understood the point of the Airave. There isn't much point in having a mobile phone when it only works on a 50ft teather at home.

Might as well just get a land line instead.

Sprint Employee

The Airave is most beneficial for users who have great service in most places, but may have spotty coverage at home, perhaps due to home construction, or terrain.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Wizard

From CNET: Sprint bulks up network for higher iPhone speeds

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57333107-94/sprint-bulks-up-network-for-higher-iphone-speeds/

Looks like the fix has arrived to some and coming to other soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah what about when your connection to data services sucks everywhere? at home and in the whole metropolitan area of denver colorado... Several cities and dozens of zip codes... getting below dial up speeds... slower than a 2G tmobile phones connection

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat