ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

@aya1 - I agree that it is sad, since I too came from a grandfathered unlimited data AT&T plan. Unfortunately I jumped ship to sprint since I had occasional dropped calls with AT&T. However I can deal with an occasional dropped calls but not unusable data (something I now realize). At this point, and I am sure the predominent amount of Sprint users with data speed issues, will be more than happy with anything in the range of 600 kbps to 1.x Mbps +, since right now we are consistantly getting about 200 kbps or less! At least within the 600kbps to 1.x Mbps + range the phone would be usable.

Journeyman

Adnan,  it is quite the quandry we are in isn't it?  I did not go to ATT because of their voice signals. Where I am located in "verrryyyy rural farmlands of" Chicago(that's a joke folks), once you enter any building, ATT call signals are worthless unless the building has 100ft ceilings.  Sprint's Voice signal seems to be bit better than ATT which is why ultimately we chose Sprint over ATT but then Sprint's data is as bad as ATT's voice, go figure.   If you want both to work, I suggest you give Verizon a try. 

Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Well, I filed a complaint with the FCC we'll see if that does anything. You can too! http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm The more complaints maybe the more pressure we can get the FCC to put on this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fehriba wrote:

Well, I filed a complaint with the FCC we'll see if that does anything. You can too! http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm The more complaints maybe the more pressure we can get the FCC to put on this?

Thanks for posting that link. I filed one too. I'm wondering if a class action lawsuit will eventually be filed by 4S owners? Seems almost inevitable now.

Does everyone pretty much agree now that an iOS update *will not* solve this issue? On one side of town, I'll get 0.1Mbps download and on the other I'll get 1Mpbs+. And my speeds have been great at 3AM but horrible at 3PM. If it really was an issue with the 4S, why isn't this happening around the clock, regardless of time & location?

Do any iPhone 3 & 4 users have Sprint service this poor? Or is it just us 4S users?

Wizard

Norkusa wrote:

Do any iPhone 3 & 4 users have Sprint service this poor? Or is it just us 4S users?

Sprint and Verizon have never sold the the iPhone 3 or 3s.

Journeyman

Its because there are "peak" times.  Meaning more people are sucking down bandwidth at 3pm then they are at 3am.

Journeyman

I live in the Pensacola, FL area and wanted to address the people who think it is just the Iphone that doesnt perform. I took several speedtests near towers in my SMALL town. Keep in mind these speedtests where taken near the bases of several towers. But I think this points to the issue of sprints towers being overloaded/or too few, and the signal not being strong enough. Also i used the tower improvement listing page to find the towers in my town, and one of the towers that was on sprints list of towers that were theirs actually turned out to be a verizon tower that i got less than fair speed near...hmmm??  IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW I SHOULD TEST THE TOWERS SURROUNDING ME FOR REAL WORLD RESULTS, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO OBLIGE. Cheers!

029.PNG

030.PNG

Journeyman

did you see my 2.09?

Journeyman

WOW...You're complaining about that?  Look at mine...I can't even get to 1. something...its all .0.  This is in chicago by the way, the rural farmland of america, right?sprint speed test.PNG

Journeyman

I notice when I am at home in the heavier populated area my speed goes down to .7 to 1.0 but I am still streaming netflix no problem.  By contrast my wifi connection (Cricket) gets .35 to .50 on average...

Journeyman

With a 5 GB cap...

Journeyman

i almost hit a 1

075.PNG

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat