cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

This is the speedtest screen capture I did on my brand new iPhone 4S.  As you can see, I got .016Mbps down and 0.05Mbps up.  For those of you want to say maybe the network is just slow in my area.  I did the same test with Samsung Epic Touch with 4G turned off at the same spot.  It's 3 times faster.  Is sprint crippling iPhone data rate, or there is something wrong with iPhone CDMA radio itself.

photo.PNG

2,896 REPLIES 2,896
Highlighted
Wizard

When in doubt, read ALL the fine print (long version):

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions

The short version:

Screen shot 2012-02-18 at 9.56.36 PM.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

i tried this step and does not work for me keeps kicking me back to sprint o well was worth a try!

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint will do something about this.... It'll take them years to do so however. I personally couldn't wait that long and canceled three lines no ETF. I acutally pay $114 no tax for unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of high speed data for TWO phones. I could actually use that data to do what I want since Im not prohibited by 100-275 kbps download speeds. Just use wifi at home and I'm good. First test shows me tethering with the built in wireless hotspot (unlocked Galaxy Nexus) which is free just goes against my data. Thats the way its supposed to be. Second is a test using the speed test app.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1783252075.png

http://www.speedtest.net/android/140948280.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

It seems slow for me .. im in the zip code area of 10461 it said tower upgrades have been completed.. im on a iphone 4s it was going fast few days ago up to 2mbps now is "frap".

uuphoto.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone else get it to work on iPhone 4S? i can't get it to work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope I tried all day and can't get it right >_<

Highlighted
Journeyman

could someone help me please! I am trying to get this to work and its not working!!! help!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Zip code 99216 in WA im getting horrible speeds. .50 dl mbps at best. I have friends that have T-MOBILE, VERIZON AND AT&T THAT HAVE 3-5 TIMES FASTER DATA THAN I DO (on 3g even) Lets not even talk about their LTE or "hspa +.. on those they are getting 10-20 times faster data connections that we are.. My service is embarrasingly slow. i am unable to perform simple tasks on my phones data connection much less watch a you tube video. Im suggestiong we start plastering this information all over every social network so that it may get more attention. We all know if we start putting it out there like that that we will force them to make changes to the network. Or just cancel and laugh as their bussiness struggles to stay a float.

Highlighted
Journeyman

CBEATSEMUP_yo wrote:

Zip code 99216 in WA im getting horrible speeds. .50 dl mbps at best.    

lol, if I had those dl speeds, I'd actually be happy. I average around .10mbps dl....takes about 30-45 seconds for my FB news feed to load up.

If I had .50 mpbs, I don't think I'd ever complain here about sprint again. Sad, isn't it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

had really slowwwwww speeds. I updated my PRL and User Profile in the settings menu then power cycled off,on . After this I had significant increase in download speed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

had really slowwwwww speeds. I updated my PRL and User Profile in the settings menu then power cycled off,on . After this I had significant increase in download speed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lets just hope they fix it for us!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat