cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

its funny how they blame it on the iPhone..

i know what it is! this 3g is the slowest one i've ever experienced in my life...

and i know why they have it so slow... to make people get on wifi.. cuz how long does it take to downlnoad a game or an app?? 2 hours???

well $10 a month is a little cheap.. they dont want you to make alot of traffic on their network so they slow the speeds down to basically nothing...

u have to sit there and wait forever to do something with this terrible connection...

so an iphone 4s with the slowest internet in the world, well thats not an iphone... they just completely blew off the iphone and its capitabilities ...

terrible service, and i just switched from at&t to this crap.. i cant even watch a video on youtube.. wtf???

i forgot videos make so much data traffic sprint will go broke if every1 is watching and streaming shit, so they just make it impossible for you to stream...

so u just give up on it, and all u do is check ur email and read the news.. oh and check the weather... but thats all u can do...

cant even play zynga poker right ull be laggin as hell with 1000+ miliseconds of ping lol

damn im so dissapointed in this i cant believe i switched and im stuck with them for 2 years

very dissapointing..

Journeyman

I agree 100%.  I just switched from AT&T and I am so disappointed.  I feel like screaming.   I can't make calls from my house and forget about Pandora.   I don't like Sprints service my IPhone 4S is like a Razor or a Flip phone at this point.  #madatmyself

Journeyman

Just wanted to put in my .02.

I got a 4s about a month ago, and my speeds are also generally deplorable (0.01 - 0.20). It usually isn't a problem as I'm on Wifi, but it is of course an inconvenience at some points. One more that's having an issue.

Journeyman

I tried running a speed test on my iPhone 4s the other day and as you can see below, I waited and waited and couldn't even find the closest server! That's how messed up the sprint network really is!  I am showing 4 bars and 3G connectivity but yet I cannot even find the closest server to run the speed test. I called Sprint and they told me that I need to go to the Apple store to get my phone checked out. I told them that it's not the phone because sometimes it works where I am able to get half a megabit or better but most of the time it's really crappy depending on where I am located in the city.  I am fed up with Sprint, they have had more than enough time to fix this issue and they have not and probably will not.  I want them to let me off of my contract and I am going to switch AT&T or Verizon.

Best of all - They are charging us "Premium Data"  WTF????   I wouldn't mind paying for it if it was premium data.  This is crappy data as is evident by 166 pages of people complaining about the data speed!

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

photo 3.PNG

photo 4.PNG

premium_data.PNG

Wizard

I agree.  I don't have the iphone but it isn't just one phone and it isn't Apple.  Sprint has gone way downhill with their service.  My contract is up and my husband's is up in November. We are not waiting to much longer and switching to att.  I was with att for a very long time and we are ready to go back.  Sprint is so far behind on everything right now.  They are only talking 6 major cities for 4g lte by mid 2012.  ATT has 4g lte in my small town right now. Get it together Sprint!!! I really don't see that happening.

Journeyman

I have the best(worst) speedtest.net screen shot.  Here it is....Let me know if this gets better?

Speedtest 4 9 12.png

Journeyman

I am starting to get ticked off. No I don't have an iPhone. But it is so frustrating to not be able to use the internet that you are paying for! I had 5/6 bars of 3G and look at my speeds! This is WORSE than dialup. I can't even browse the web! I also cannot believe in 2012, I am getting LESS than dial up speeds on "3G". I did NOT have this problem with Verizon. I've already called Sprint and they said the tower issues here would be resolved 4/4/2012. Yeah right! This was tested today so I can see that. And its not just here. I've traveled and its bad everywhere. I'm a new customer from Verizon and I'm so frustrated that I just don't know what to do but to try and ignore the problem because Sprint has a bad network all over. I am locked into a 2 year contract for now but I will happily pay at&t more money a month to get good service and at this point, I cannot recommend Sprint, obviously.

Epic 4G Tough 3G SpeedTest Waldorf MD.png

Btw, the 1st test I did was 10 kbps (0.01 mbps) but I forgot to take a screen shot of that one.

Journeyman

yeah another unhappy sprint customer here.

apple care employees have verified AND explained to sprint call center employees while i was on the phone , that it is not an iphone issue. it is a service issue.

sprint has told me they have "cell tower issues that are only affecting iphones"

I've been told (by sprint) that I should sell my iphone and try buying an android. or try a different service provider. hmmm

i have family members with 4s on ATT, a few friends with 4s on verizon.. no speed issues.

SPRINT: the only company to offer an UNLIMITED USELESS DATA PLAN! awesome.

Wizard

Hey guys. It's me, again... A couple pages earlier, I said that Sprint was resolving the 3G issues in my area. Well, for about the past 5 days, instead of the 3G logo, I get that little "o" sign. It's been like that for a while. I called Sprint and they said they were upgrading some towers. Well, I decided to drive around and go to my 3 nearest Sprint Towers. (There is 3 within a mile of my house.) Well, I was standing litteraly 2 feet away from the tower, full bars, still the "o" sign. I did a speed test and had at least Ping:  1543 ms.  Download: 0.0 Mbps  Upload: 0.1 Mbps. I looked up and didnt see no employees working on the tower. I really dont know whats going on. SPRINT, You need to resolve this quick, or your going out of buisness... If my download speeds arent at least getting 1.20 mbps CONSISTENTLY by the first minute of 2013, I am switching to Verizon or AT&T. Sprint, fix this... This is rediculous. REDICULOUS. Otherwise, call quality, texting and basics are fantastic. But the only reason I switched from T-mobile to Sprint was for all the goodies you get. I was perfectly happy with T-mobile. I always went over my data limit so thats why I switched to Sprint. Please Sprint, FIX SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Journeyman

Can someone post the link on how we file a complaint with the FCC?

I call Sprint CS every month and they tell me a different story every month. They are so lucky I don't have the time and financial resources to sue them. To say this is BS would be the understatement of the year. I hope they get class actioned big time. When the iphone 5 comes out I am running away from Sprint and never looking back

Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah, great:

"here, buy the latest technology

here, have UNLIMITED DATA for a reasonable price

now pair all this up with our ancient cell towers: a bottleneck the size of a pinhole!"

this is the biggest lesson of you get what you pay for. you try to save a few bucks and end up sacrificing the whole point of having a nice phone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat