cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

This is the speedtest screen capture I did on my brand new iPhone 4S.  As you can see, I got .016Mbps down and 0.05Mbps up.  For those of you want to say maybe the network is just slow in my area.  I did the same test with Samsung Epic Touch with 4G turned off at the same spot.  It's 3 times faster.  Is sprint crippling iPhone data rate, or there is something wrong with iPhone CDMA radio itself.

photo.PNG

2,896 REPLIES 2,896
Highlighted
Journeyman

Milwaukee has had capacity issues since early summer 2010, I have called numerous time and am currently considering leaving sprint after being a customer since 1998. During the day, downtown I get **** poor data ranging 0kbps (network timeouts) to maybe 30kbps if I’m lucky. It has been this way for over a year and if LTE isn’t hard scheduled to roll by the time the EVO 4G LTE rolls I will be taking the 3 of my 4 lines not in contract to another carrier. The problem is not just annoying or bad its unbearable since I cant use it... WHAT AM I PAYING FOR? I was able to get them to release my second Milwaukee based line.

Highlighted
Journeyman

snowtrooper66 wrote:

Because of my FCC complaint and my associated "executive", unclosable trouble ticket, I have now received $160 in credits. Essentially have been able to get them to reverse my premium data fee charges for both lines since I initiated service on 4S launch day...

Yeah, they just gave me a $150 credit on my bill after my FCC complaint. Said something about me experiencing a 1% service interruption (I think) which I didn't really understand. They told me that they're working on their towers and that the issue should be resolved by June 1st. I know it won't be fixed by then but at least I won't have to pay another bill until then via the credit.

Journeyman

Well, it is the iPhone. I would say you got what you paid for, but you probably paid too much.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem is sprint wide, not just with iPhone. If you bothered to troll the other threads in this forum you'd know this. But if we are doing comparisons even with sprint piss poor service my iPhone is faster in side by side speed test with the evo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not here to Iphone bash, I think it's a great piece of hardware I'm just not an IOS fan.  Same reason I dumped the MIUI rom for Android. In other news downtown Milwaukee suddenly started seeing decent speeds after over a year of almost nonexistent data. Starting Thursday I was seeing between 300kpbs-1.2 meg!!!!!!! I am going to sample ATTs network when the one X comes out but Sprint may stepped it up to save this customer and my 4 lines.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am experiencing the same problems in 27610 (NC).  Was told they are updating the towers and will not be complete until 4/30/12.  It would have been nice before I purchased this lovely little IPhone and upgraded 3 others on my account.  Will be almost $1k to cancel a total of 5 lines.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Today I finally decided I was done with Sprint.  Too many support calls and no one able to do anything to help me out.  I bought the iPhone 4s on the first day it was available.  I've held out as long as I could. Below you can see the difference in speed once I moved to Red Pocket (saving 40 bucks a month while I was at it)....Yeah sprint, it was totally my phone and not your network.

522842_381089818596783_100000873038134_1113306_1200279741_n.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is what ive been dealing with for over a year..

2012-04-28_19-08-44.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sweety this isn't English class.  Can you do better than that?  We're not talking about my spelling abilities, we are talking about date that we all pay for, for our phones that we are not getting.  And you want to bash me about my writing skills?

Troll much?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly. It is quite pathetic that Sprint's data speeds have not improved. I left back in early Feb ETF free due to their change in the way their discount was applied. I sold my two iPhones for a total of $750 and got two unlocked phones

I went from speeds as bad as this. But usually in the 75-150 kbps download range.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/GottaHateDizPimp/photo2-1.png

Now playing much less these are my speeds. I could use every data program/service without worry. And I could tether with the built in setting without paying for it. It just comes out of my data I already pay for.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/GottaHateDizPimp/2Screenshot_2012-04-30-17-18-26copy.png

Quite refreshing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What carrier did you decide to go with? is that HSPA+ or LTE?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know, I know, it's all about date that we all pay for.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat