Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I you can still read this, Thanks for all the info!  I'll either get iPhone 5 or leave and buy Galaxy Nexus from Google or maybe wait to see what the next Nexus has for specs and maker.  If Samsung makes the next Nexus, I'll go with iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has everyone seen this http://www.pocketables.com/2012/09/sprint-might-raise-plan-prices-once-its-lte-footprint-is-more-com... this is for all of us loyal sprint customers, I have been with sprint 10 yrs and now going thru this horrific data service but still paying an extra 10 bucks just waiting for improvements and now this guy is going to raise plan prices when it's finally ready, I'm outta here first chance I get so much for customer loyalty thanks sprint

Highlighted
Wizard

Jvelez399 and anyone that may look at this (http://www.pocketables.com/2012/09/sprint-might-raise-plan-prices-once-its-lte-footprint-is-more-com...) link,

In another year when the service is pretty darn good and Hesse wants to raise the price so he can pay the bills, why is that a problem?  Ver and ATT have better service, for the most part right now, and their prices are $20-30 more a month than Sprint.  Tack on the fact that ATT and Ver customers have to worry about overages every month and it bleeds into thought every single day, how much is that worth?

If Sprint charged what ATT and VER charged right now, there would be a mass exodus.  I am not sure I understand what the worry is here.  The writer said that if there was a price change, it would most likely occur at the end of 2013.

If Sprint was really trying to maximize profit and screw everyone, why not raise prices in the markets they have launched LTE in?

Here is what I understand.  Everyone needs service that works now.  If my phone did not work today I would have no choice but to switch carriers.  A lot of folks beat on Sprint everday, whether justified or not.  Sprint is trying to recover from a poor business decision with regard to Wi-Max.  Now they have to cover a $30 million dollar contract with Apple.  There were so many people that wanted iPhones on Sprint, they sold their soul to get it for you.  Now that the iPhone is here, many are yelling at Sprint for it.

Sprint is trying to stay in business.  Would it be better if they shut down?  Then we would have to rely on ATT and Ver to treat us fairly.

Sprint has not done everything right, far from it, but they are not the evil entity that some may believe they are.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Really doc obviously you must be a sprint employee so then terminate my contracts with no ETA, don't come in here and tell everyone that its ok to pay an extra 10 a month just because we have a smart phone and receive horrible service and to continue while you update your towers, I believe the commercial says " why would anyone want to limit the iPhone" we'll doc with your horrible service that's exactly what your doing, we continue to pay and put up with this service then when it's finally good we will get hammered again with higher price plans another way sprint will say thanks right, I have been with them for 10 years so don't preach to me about patience with sprint.

Journeyman

You belong to a small group of people who are happy with Sprint. It may be that where you live not a lot of people have Sprint and you never had to deal with things like capacity issues. It is also possible that you never had a chance to compare data speeds on ATT, Verizon, or even TMobile. The slowest one of the three is still 3-5 times faster than Sprint. Lets say that even faster speeds are not really worth the switch then what about voice service? There are people here who lost money because Sprint would not connect that important sales call or job interview. But of course all of us should be sympathetic and call Sprint and ask where to send that "get well soon" card. I don't know what world you live in. If you like Sprint so much then go ahead and donate some money to them so they could become whatever company you'd like them to be, just do not tell all of us that our complaints are unreasonable.

Highlighted
Wizard

IN a way, Sa Doc is right. Sprint isnt an evil entity. They did do the best they could to bring us the iphone and now everyone is complaining. Okay, Sprint really is trying to fix things. Look, theyre trying as fast as they can to roll out LTE. LTE will be mostly finished in mid 2013. So everyone just wait. HOnestly, sprint is faster than ATT in my area. ATT sucks. They drop so many calls and they have the worst customer service. Verizon is good but expensive. WIth sprint, your monthly bill is the same, they have pretty good customer service, and theyre voice serivice is outstanding. I get 1bar and i can hear people perfect. I cant lie, sprint is pretty slow with 3G. But theyre trying to do everything they can. They dont have that much money to roll out stuff like verizon. So everyone be patient. Sprint isnt god, they cant fix everything in a week. This is a monthly procedure.

Highlighted
Wizard

And dont blame sprint for the data capacity. Its not their fault that millions of people joined theyre network. Its the peoples fault for joining. Sprint didnt realize they would get this many customers... so everyone needs to chill and give Sprint a break. Honestly, how would you feel if someone told you your car needs to go faster. It going to take you a few grand when all you have is a few hundred. Its going to take time. And Sprint really is trying to fix this. Theyre doing about 7 speed and capacity upgrades around my area... they hear us.

Highlighted
Wizard

and good luck getting unlimited data on verizon or att or tmobile...

Highlighted
Wizard

This is a great example why I do not post in here.  It would seem that some people want to get into a fight.  There is no need to attack posters in here, no good can come out of that.

I can appreciate that people are upset.  It would be great if you are not taking that out on me as assumption is not a good thing.  I have been a customer for 17 years now, not an employee and therefore am not doing anything to you or anyone else.  I never said anything was ok.  I did ask that if Hesse wants to raise prices in a year when the service is good, why would that be a problem?

If you choose to put up with poor service, why is that Sprint's fault?  It would be Sprint's fault for providing poor service, but it is not something you 'have' to put up with, I know I do not.  Everyone has a choice and they are free to exercise that choice at will.  I believe I said if I had service that did not work, I would be forced to leave.  I need my cell to work.  It may not work as well as I would like and for a time it truly struggled.  I handled my business with Sprint and I was satisfied with the results.

I am not asking anything of anyone.  I do not ask anyone to think a certain way, nor will I.  If you choose to be impatient, I am fine with that.  If you choose to be patient, I am fine with that as well.

For me the service is fine.  It is not great, it is not what will exist 1 year from now.  The facts to me are, I get a bill that is the same every month and I do not have to worry about overages.  The service is less than the competitors, in my area, but it is worth paying $35 less a month for.  When I need to make a phone call I can.  My e-mails come to my phone.  I can do some browsing when I need to.  It isn't the fastest but it works.  My needs do not demand 5mb/sec., though I get 15 on wi-fi, which is more than plenty.  It would appear that your needs are greater than mine.

I commend you on 10 years with Sprint.  That is a long time in a sea of neverending choices with cell service, especially with the troubles we have experienced over the years.  We have certainly dealt with some debacles in our time.  We are definitely in another one.  I hope that you stick around long enough to see NV take off.  Let me say one other thing, that may help.  There have been many times where Sprint's service was better than ATT, Tmo and Ver.  Sprint was still cheaper than them even in those times.  I feel that I just owe them some latitutde.  I am not happy with some of the decisions Sprint has made, but like most things, are you every truly happy with everything someone/thing does given enough time?

Ver and ATT customer service from what others have told me is doubly worse than Sprint's.  It would seem their philosophy is our way or the highway.  Since I have never used them, I cannot personally verify that.  I know one thing is for sure, at least Sprint has some flexibility to them....well at least in my opinion.

I truly wish you well.  I hope your service improves soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I couldn't take it anymore! I have been with Sprint for over 2 years and their internet service Edge and 3G is worthless!!! I couldn't take it anymore and when I was ready to upgrade to my iPhone 5 and ask about the LTE service. NO LTE service in your area but will have LTE in Jan. of 2013 and more areas coming soon. So I jumped ship and went with AT&T.

Everyone talking about UNLIMITED data and blah blah blah! Unlimited data would be good if it was useful!

If I were you guys I would jump just like I did!

Highlighted
Journeyman

of course sprint REPS wouldnt post of this thread... they themselves know the network blows... more then hookers on sunset... i see the only ones they post on is stuff they can easly take care off. the company is faulty... i dont know how they get ranked for anything..

I just got done ordering the return kit for my phone... looks like i gotta be one of those people waiting on the iphone 5... because sprint cant deliver... the least these morons shoulda done was atleast discount the plan by 20 to 30 dollars due to nothing offered is not being met... slowest service ever....

www.fcc.gov

go file your complaint... i already did...

Highlighted
Journeyman

my friend has the verzion iphone 5 LTE and i had a iphone 4s unlimited on ATT ---

MY friends verizon hit - 30 - 40 MBS blowing away my home internet....

then my ATT on a unlimted  plan i would hit 300Kbs to 2mbs depending if i went off the cap..

but when i got my iphone 5 for sprint.... god help sprint.. i am getting 0kbs - 400kbs .... damn ive gone backwards... should just kept the iphone 2g and never upgrade... im still at the 14 day window... im about to jump out of it... i just dont feel like being out of the phone for a month waiting on another iphone 5... damn you sprint!!!!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat