cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

"And dont blame sprint for the data capacity. Its not their fault that millions of people joined theyre network. Its the peoples fault for joining. Sprint didnt realize they would get this many customers... "

Really, did Sprint not know how many iPhones they purchased? Did Sprint not sell those iPhones? Did Sprint not plan to sell all those iPhones (and all the rest of the smart phones they sold) but then accidentally did? Give me a break, Sprint bit off more than they could chew is the plain and simple reason for our horendous speeds. They took a gamble, and now they are hoping enough people stick around while they use the money they got from all those new subscribers, and all those $10 "premium (56k) data fees" to try to catch up to their competitors. Bravo for taking the risk, let's face it, they needed to make a big move to make sure they were around a little while longer, I don't think that is the real issue. I think the real issue is that we were all sold a certain thing, which we bought, and signed a contract for. Now that thing, is not the thing we bought, it's like I bought a Porsche, but when I drove it off the lot they snuck a Geo Metro engine in it.

So why shouldn't we be pis sed? Part of the problem is speed, obviously, especially while we watch all of these commercial Sprint pays for with our money telling us how great the network is, but the other part is the complete disregard Sprint shows for it's customers. They have techs on the ground, they should figure out if service is terrible in a given area, and if so, the should AT A MINIMUM, remove the premium data charge. INstead they make zero effort to manage the mess they have made, they ignore it, or worse, deny it all together, that is bad practice, and for a company that has been on the brink of bankruptcy as long as Sprint, they cant afford to alienate loyal customers like that.

The blame lies squarely on Sprint's shoulders, it is obvious to me that most of us are just wanting Sprint to reach out to us and make an accomodation, show me my business means something to you and I am glad to stick around and wait it out, but if I don't matter now, I never will.

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint didn't buy millions of iPhones. People ORDERED them. And sprint bought it from apple after people ordered. So stop hating. I like sprit. They're doing they're best. So everyone stop throwing rampages and fits. If you dot like them, cancel your line or don't pay ur bill. I don't know what to tell you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey 3020fjr2.  You replied to a similar post I made with a different story...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/478710#478710

On that post, you said my speeds should improve by the end of 2013 because of updates to the network (oh, fantastic... that's only a couple of months from the end of my contract date.  Good to hear things will improve right before I CANCEL SERVICE)...

So now you're telling this person it's going to improve by the end of THIS YEAR... 

So... which is it?

And btw, to eveyone in this forum, I've been a customer since February, and have noticed the abysmal data speed (although the speed this weekend and every day thereafter has been outright unusable...  PATHETIC!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

You don't have to tell us anything, and you shouldn't because you have no clue what you are talking about. See the link to a story by a little news agency called Reuters, I doubt you've heard of them, but they tend to be reliable. If it's too much reading, I will explain -in October of 2011 Sprint commited to buy 30.5 MILLION iPhones from Apple....to sell of course. And when they sell them, they activate them, on their network which cannot handle all of that data.

Do you seriously believe that the big wigs at Sprint just put a notice out to all the millions and said, "Hey guys, buy some iPhones from us, then we will go and order 'em for ya!"? Nope they bought them from Apple first, and sold them to us. Along with millions of other smart phones.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/03/us-sprint-iphone-idUSTRE7925J020111003

Maybe this will help you understand why we are mad, since slow speeds obviously don't bother you (try to stick with it, I know it is a lot of words, but it is worth it, I promise)-

If you bought a box of your most favorite cereal, let's call them Roasty Toasty O's, and you were told "You can eat as much cereal as you want, just pay us every month for it!" you would be stoked, and sign a two year cereal contract. But what you didnt know is that your favorite cereal maker sold that same box of cereal to 30 million other people!! Now you have to stand in line for your cereal, and when it comes out, there is barely enough to fill your bowl! Yeah you COULD eat as much as you want, but you are always hungry for more yummy cereal because your bowl is never full because you have to share your box with millions of other hungry people!! And to top it off, the guys who make your most favorite cereal in the world, let's call them Sprink, now tell you that you have to pay $10 more per month for your bowl because you can eat as much cereal as you want!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH CEREAL TO FILL YOUR BOWL!!!!! O....M.....G....wouldnt you be so super mad at Sprink? I would....But if Sprink sent me some flowers delivered by a cute little bunny and a note that said:

"Dear Mr. Customer, we are super sorry you can't get enough cereal, we realize how much you love Roasty Toasty O's, and that's why we love you! That said, we haven't done a very good job of delivering on our promise, and we are trying to fix that, it might take a while though! In the mean time, you don't have to pay $10 for your cereal bowl, and if that isn't enough, you can go buy some other cereal, and we won't charge you for leaving. Hopefully you will come back when we get our problems worked out! Thanks, and we still love you! - Sprink".

Well, I guess I would be able to forgive Sprink, and if i couldn't well, I could leave, BECAUSE THEY AREN'T GOING TO CHARGE ME AN ARM AND A LEG FOR CANCELLING A CONTRACT BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T HOLD UP THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN!!!!!

If this doesn't drive it home for you nothing will....

Highlighted
Wizard

Lydiaf11 I try to help out everyone on this forum to the best of my abilities. In this forum chicagoistmention he live in the Chicago area which by the end of this year he or she should see mayor improvement since he lives in Chicago. (Note this is not official from Sprint) Now in the other post I gave you the general answer which by the end 2013 everyone would see mayor improvement since that the time Sprint said Network Vision project would completed or almost completed. Please see http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/09/10/sprint-4g-lte-av... and if your area is in the list you should see speed improvement in 3g network once Sprint 4g lte network arrives due to network vision.

Also you can check www.sprint.com/network to see if your area will be getting upgrade to it current 3g network. Now some people have not see a difference from these upgrades other have. Personaly I have for voice see the improvement in voice for my house and will check data back since I am curretly out of town  and it was done sometime last week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey MillionBogo11...

I'm glad you're so rich you can afford to pay for service you're not getting.  And BTW, $10 a month ON TOP of a monthly charge for so called "unlimited" data, is a joke, and I would think is probalby also price gouging.  In any event, we will see if the FCC agrees with you, or the millions of iphone users from Sprint that are likely contacting them today.

And Ryanheyne, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!  (and I tried...)  You should relay your concerns to the FCC.

www.fcc.gov

You can file a complaint right online... Like I already have.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live near Chicago where the last upgrade caused a major drop in data speeds and more importantly a terrible voice service. Why should I wait for over a year to get crapped on again?

Once again, I urge all of you to leave Sprint!

Wizard

You guys hurt my feelings:( everyone is so mean:( I just wanna help out...

Highlighted
Journeyman

verizon.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

I already have Lydia, and I have a specific rep at customer escalations that credits me $25 every month as a result....but only if i call, every single month. And that covers half of the cost of my $50 in premium data charges that I pay every month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really liked Sprint and didn't have bad cell coverage, but just took 7 phones over to Verizon sharded data plan and will cost me about $7 extra per phone.  The trade off is the speeds are outstanding and I can actually use Siri.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Helping out doesn't generally include placing blame on customers who are stuck in contracts that they can't get out of without paying fees, even though the carrier they signed up with isn't providing the service they bought.

I get it that some people are happy with what they get from Sprint, I sure as heck don't understand it, but I guess some people are happy with it, that's why you don't hear from them, they feel they are getting what they pay for. This thread isn't for them, it's for the rest of us that are getting screwed every month and just keep getting told to wait for something better, but pay your bill in the mean time, and are sick of it.

We deserve to gripe about it, and we deserve to have something done about it.

So if you're happy with your slow iPhone, and you would rather blame yourself for buying it, than blame Sprint for over-selling, good for you, but we would appreciate if you kept to yourself, because we are pretty pis sed off right now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat