Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I cannot believe how much I hate my iPhone with Sprint. When I had my EVO I never had any issues with data, now I sit and wait and wait for websites to load. I hope I get noticed in this thread and they do something about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haha good luck waiting to get noticed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm just another frustrated iPhone 4s user trying to drink from Sprint's unlimited data ocean through their pathetic 2G/3G straw.

Am fortunate that the phone is covered by my professional corporation, which is being dissolved 12/31/12. As such, the PC will

pay the ETF to ditch this horrible service. Will then use a Walmart Straight Talk phone for a while, and almost certainly

never sign another 2 year agreement with any provider. Have WiFi most places where it matters.

Sprint unlimited data = MASSIVE FAIL

Highlighted
Journeyman

After couple more days of Useless Unlimited Data (and voice) I ported my numbers to Verizon. Voice calls and data speeds are amazing. I am sitting at work with no stupid data circle and I can actually distinguish what is playing on YouTube. My Sprint SpeedTest app was populated with 10 kB/s download and 6 kB/s upload. Now, I have 2182.7 kB/s and 955.0 kB/s at home. At work I get 613.8 kB/s and 101.2 kB/s, with Sprint I could not finish the test due to high ping. So there you have it. Actual 4G LTE speeds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So you got the 5 with LTE? I'm doing the same soon.... Has anyone noticed or had experience with domestic texts showing up on their bill as international texts? Ever since I started complaining on here about sprint, I've been getting charges on my last 4 bills ranging from 10 dollars up to 30 dollars a month in international text charges. These are all my girlfriends number too, which is a local number, who lives with me. I have to call Sprint EVERY MONTH to get the charges reversed, seeing as tech support CANNOT figure out why this is happenin. Whats even more coincidental is that the option for a 10 dollar a month international text plan showed up on my online sprint account home screen the same month that I started receiving these bogus charges? Punishment for complaining or scam by sprint to squeeze an extra 10 bucks out of customers per month? IDK you be the judge. Let me know if anyone else has been having this problem!

Journeyman

I got Droid DNA, my wife got iPhone 5 with LTE.

I haven't noticed any international texting charges, other than one or two that I actually sent.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I must say that I have been impressed with Sprint customer support. I called a number of times and the impression was much better that my converstation with ATT customer support a while ago. So I belive there is some glitch in your account.

But Sprint customer support is put in an unfortunte postion to solve unsolvable problems. The network is clrearly oversubscribed and no phone tweaking is going to increase data speeds. I was driving through LA recently and hit LTE areas a couple of times. The speed was hitting over 7 MBs both download and upload. But in San Diego during work hours it is back to usual 0.05 MBs.

By the way Virgin Mobile customers, who are using the same infrastructure are getting consistent 1MBs. Go figure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So you are on crack right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

is who on crack? and Karamba, I thought upgrading to a LTE phone such as the iPhone 5 on the Sprint network would be a good solution since the 3G network is terrible. Apparently the Sprint LTE isnt much faster than ATT and Verizon's 3G is. So I'm soon moving to ATT. With my company's 22% discount, I can have the same plan with a 5gb data plan (doesn't sound like a lot but with sprint I've never used over 1.5gb in a month) for 5 dollars a month less. Unlimited .05 mb/s data might as well be no data. What a waste of money

Highlighted

This is a WELL known issue, and Sprint won't admit to the issue because they would have to recall and replace everyone's phones (millions).

Read my post, see if you are having the same issues... http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/104761

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not think this is a phone issue. I have four phones on the same plan. All for work acceptably ( around 1MB/s) offpeak hours but during the day the data speed falls to 0.05 MB/s. It is network congestion I would guess caused by oversubscription.

In other words Sprint sold thousands of monthly bus passes for cheap but it appeared he owns only two buses and you cannot use any of them because they are always full. You cannot return the passes because Sprint does not take them back. An when you complain to the bus driver he makes you go through measuring procedure that measure all your dimensions and the eye and hair color and then declare that you cannot fit in the bus because you are too fat.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im jumping to AT&T.  Even when I get a good strong LTE signal my friend's AT&T phones just on 3g can outrun my sprint phone in Atlanta.  If you go to some random rural market where they turned on an LTE tower for the fun of it and nobody is using it then you get 20mb/s down but otherwise youre looking at 6mb/s at best on LTE.  HSPA+ averages better than that and has considerably more coverage than Sprints LTE (which is a joke in itself, in the markets they claim to be live they only have about 20% coverage). 

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat