cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

WOW! The more emails I recieve from this forum, the more and more worst it gets with new users of the iphone as well as existing ones. Come on Sprint. Please adress these concerns!

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Im another complaint ,    same issues w speed on internet browsing  SLOW SLOW SLOW  and siri NO NETWORK RRRRRR!!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

"I think it is important that with every post, people also state their location. This can help sprint determine the most troubled spots, and can also pin point whether it's an iphone problem or a network problem."

Not that Sprint is using this thread to  troubleshoot their network, but providing more information  helps others to relate and/or correlate their own issues.

Just another non-iPhone network speed report: on EVO: 789 D, 683 U at Lincoln Financial Field Philly one half hour before kickoff for MNF. That is great for a large public venue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S

Orlando, FL (32828)

10:20 PM

Ping 290

Download .17

Upload .51

Highlighted
Journeyman

So here is now my iPhone experience went:

Friday Oct 14, 2011, received iPhone from UPS driver around 6PM PST. Called Sprint and activated it right away.

Saturday Oct 15, 2011 around 9AM PST, called Sprint to switch back to my Evo 4G. Requested a return label and shipped back the iPhone to Sprint the following week.

I didn't even use it for 24 hours. As soon as I activated it and began to download apps etc, I knew it was going to be an issue due to slowness. Took about 5 minutes to download an app from the App Store onto the phone. I've never experienced slow data speeds with my Evo and I've never even used 4G on it, strictly 3G. Anyone still within your 14 days, return it. I don't think calling and complaining will do any good and once the 14 days have passed, you're out of luck. I would stay away from this phone, at least for now. Needless to say I am back on my Evo 4G and getting great speeds again!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Colton, Ca 92324

Just awful.

IMG_0027[1].PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

So apparently I've been getting shit speeds at my current location. I would run speed tests and i would get average of 0.09 mbps. I let my phone battery die all the way and when I restarted the phone I got usable speeds 1+ mbps. Has anybody experienced this? Btw I'm in houston. Or do ya'll think Sprint is actually doing something?

IMG_0075.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called sprint to complain and one of the supervisors told me they cant give me Credit because I used the data regardless wether it was slow.

I spoke to the Manager and she said that there is no way around the $10 data charge

and that I was over my 14 days anyways.

SMH if your still within the 14 day period I suggest you call now before its to late.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey i am in Houston 77079. I have experienced this issue. My speed keeps on fuctuating between 200kbps to 1.5mbps on restarts. 😕 . I wonder if sprint is getting into dirty tricks of maintaining the load balanced!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

San Diego, area code 92083

Had some unusally consitant high numbers today during peak usage hours. Previously only ever acheived these numbers very late at night:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/3adc0f78.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/7025792d.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/2f187c89.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/b55a2f90.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/8ac7c71f.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/snowtrooper1966/50981c84.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey guys,

I'm located in San Diego (Zip: 92119) and these are my speeds. Usually, they bump up quite a bit past midnight. But otherwise, these are usual:

photo-1.PNG

photo.PNG

I wonder what's going with Sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Bronx, New York (10466) OMG I just got some amazing speeds as soon as I waked 2 blocks away from my house earlier, but once I was back within 1 block away from my house, the speeds droped drastically. This is an imteresting find as I believe that the phone (being a smart phone) automatically detects when I am close to home and to my wifi, and slows down to 1G, but as I walked away from my house again, it jumped back to 3G and to super fast lighting speed. I was able to use all functions of the phone, no problems. Here is a photo of the results I got away from home 2 hours ago.

iphone spedds 1.png

Now here is the result I got once I am near home. Notice the "o" on both pictures because I took the snapshots when I got home. This is rideculously slow speeds, but I can live with that since I have wifi at home

iphone speeds 2.png

Sprint, please I beg you, if you can keep the top photos speeds consistant away from my home I can live with that and would be your customer for life. I can simply use the wifi at home and the 3G away from home. I would call all AT&T and Verizon iphone subscribers stupid for not switching to sprint and its amazing unlimitted data. Please Sprint, please stay consistant, I beg you!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat