cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Just wanted to add another post to hopefully put more pressure on Sprint to resolve this issue. Same unacceptably slow speeds in Washington D.C. The company should meanwhile reimburse all iPhone users for the extra $10 monthly data charge.

photo.PNG

Journeyman

photo 1.PNG

Houston TX

I would strongly urge anyone to stay away from sprint service unless you like having speeds around the same as a 56K modem in the 90's. Make no mistake, this is the speed that comes along with the sprint "High end Portfolio".  They can't find anything wrong because they look at this speed and say to themselves.... "That looks about right... no problems here"

Journeyman

Ok people, run don't walk and return your phones NOW! I had to battle Sprint yesterday to take my return. They wanted to send me a check for the return even tho I paid cash. They wouldn't budge and customer service was absolutly no help. I said forget this and ended up selling the phone and am saying eff you to sprint.Went and got my att iphone 4s, can you tell at which point I switched.... (snicker)photo11.PNG

Sprint unless you address this issues ASAP and at least wave the data fee this will be a trend. I never expected att speeds, only something reliable.See ya on the flip side sprint.

Journeyman

worried about these slow speeds but i want to test it on my phone when i get it -- if my iphone is on backorder for 3 weeks, does that mean my 14-day cancellation window will be over by the time i even get the phone and test it?

Journeyman

Should be when you actually recieve the phone and activate.

Journeyman

thank you! that makes a lot of sense - ill post a speed test once i get it

looks like this thread did make it to some news websites so hopefully the problem is resolved soon

Journeyman

I called yesterday and got the $10 fee waived for the month.  It seems like a tower issue to me.  Some areas the speeds are fine but other areas with full bars it sucks.

Journeyman

I'm going to begin speedtesting using Apple's native app by dialing, *3001#12345#* and pressing the Call button. I'll monitor my speeds all over Las Vegas. I still find it difficult to believe that I was on Roaming inside of a Sprint Store AND an Apple Store! Let's see if there's any improvement in the next week or so...

Journeyman

Not cool at all. I have an iPhone 4s on order right now and am now seriously considering cancelling my order (not sure when it will come in anyway). I've been with Sprint for over 10 years. I hate to hear that this issue is so common and undiognosed as of yet. Some issue with such a major release is to be expected. But it seems like these complaints were ignored for quite a while. That is very unfortunate.  I would expect more.

Journeyman

I've been with Sprint for many many years now, and I have anticipated the iPhone to come to this carrier for a long time, I finally upgraded to an iPhone 4s and I must say...I am very disappointed with the network speed.  I almost want to just return the phone and switch carriers.  Is it dumb enough for me to be patient in hoping that this issue will be fixed?  Or should I just go ahead and switch.  As I said before, I've been with Sprint for many years and would hate to go, but I am not satisfied with the 3g speeds at all... here are my tests with Speedtest.net  I ran a few back to back

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

Unusable speeds.....

Journeyman

I am wondering how many of you are paying for the unlimited data plan plus the $10 additional fee but can't even use for 100mb a month.

And how to start a class action lawsuit against Sprint?

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I just upgraded to an iphone 4s. I previously had an evo and had great download speeds of 1-2mbps at my house on my speedtest app before i upgraded. Now i upgraded and my iphone 4s and have been getting .2 to .6 mbps max dl speeds on the app at my house.funny thing is it will jump to 1-2 mpbs a quarter to halfway through the test then rapidly drop right back down to .2-.6 speeds toward the end of the test. what i dont understand is everything still loads fast like browsing and dling apps and siri works fine. What gives?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat