Funny.... I tried accessing this thread and it came back as "not able to access"... but I went back to the begining of the forum and found it (as though they disabled the link but the thread is still active)?
Maybe if they spent their time fixing the issues they are having with their network and less time on moderating the forum and managing their business... things may get fixed and customers would feel good about being with Sprint!!!!
I am on the phone right now with Sprint C/S... so we shall see??
Amazing, Sprint will now transfer me to the "Escalation Department".
Amazing... as a business school graduate the old proverb applies..... "If a customer has a positiive experinece they tell 1 or 2 people... if they have a negative experience they tell 10"!!!
Come on Sprint... word is spreading since your unable/unwilling to fix your slow network issues (yet take our money and bill us for services not provided)) and your PR release from earlier this week that your having troubles replicating the problem (in New York it stated) is a real slap in the face to all the rest of us who know better and are frustrated!!!
Look what I saw yesterday... Just to be sure I wasn't taking crazy pills I did a quick speed test... I wonder if there is a legal definition of "Blazing Speed"?
The ads are so ridiculous. I haven't seen as many on TV today, though. Maybe they're backing off slowly...
(Already did, 22350. Got to the link before this site was shut down last night. I even spoke to a non-retail supervisor in my city, and followed up. Never heard a word back. Like I said, though, yesterday's cust. serv. rep was great, and pretty honest. She did what she could, quizzed me on resources I had, did what she could long distance to improve my 3G. It didn't do much though, and not for long.)
i am new to sprint, i got the iphone 3 days ago. I was experiencing slow speeds with youtube app, Justin App and facebook.
I today i found this forum, and what a surprise... I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!! i did the test you guys talking about i am getting 1650ms ping, .11mbps download and .07 mbps upload
this sucks, i do watch a lot of youtube videos, and not for the videos but the songs, because i dont have all the songs intalled in ipod section of the iphone.
Hopefully they fix this quickly, if not i will be considering seriously moving back to att. btw i am in orlando, fl which i should get all super green bars, but sucking speed
Just got off the phone with Sprint C/S... I think I made progress (in a good way)?
1) Spoke to Carlyn - she stated that there is an issue and it appears to be the Apple software and how it works on the Sprint network?
2) Carlyn said Sprint was generating "trouble-tickets" and taking down varios phone and speed information for the "ticket" - to give to Apple.
3) Carlyn called me back on my landline and had me punch in some numbers on the keypad which generated a screen of test data and network data... she wrote this down as part of the "trouble-ticket". By the way.. Carlyn is in Dallas and speaks English... I was so happy to be dealing with her!!!
4) Carlyn went so far as to offer to call me back on Saturday and gave me her Supervisor's name and number if I have any more issues or to check on the status of "trouble-ticket number" she issued for me.
5) Her Supervisor, David Hamilton, was also great when he came on the phone and advised that an updated "Apple software" is being worked on but no ETA is known.
6) Supervisor, David Hamiltonb advised that by going to "Settings, General, Software Update"... that this checks for both Apple Software and PRL's (I had asked about PRL's (Preferred Roaming List) as well... he stated that both will update when one is available.. and I questioned him that it looked like it was just for an Apple software update... but he assured me that is how and where one updates the PRL as well (we shall see)?????
I would call and ask that a trouble ticket be issued and given to you (record of your call and in your account).
I guess for now, that all we can do is sit tight and wait for the "software update" to be pushed out to us... David Hamilton went so far as to state that a "pop-up message" or some notification will apppear on our phones when one is available?????
I hope they are telling me the truth and after 3 calls... the third one was the best epxerience I had with Sprint (or they are the best bull-shitters)... so time will tell.
Good luck guys.
Just turned on my WiFi (1:30pmCST on 11/10/11) here at home and there is a new IOS update (not for our issues)... but an update none the less.
I checked 30 minutes ago (via a cellular connection) and got nothing... so I guess it works via WiFi only????
Go to Settings, Genral, Software Update.
A new update (IOS 5.0.1) is available and takes 4 minutes to download via a WiFi connection.
It states that it fixes the following issues:
1) Battery Life.
2) Multi-Tasking gestures for the IPad.
3) Bugs with documents uploading to ICloud.
4) Voice recognition for Ausstralian users using dictation feature.
I'll take any update I can get... so now we just wait for the one that fixes our slow internet speeds on the Sprint network!!!!
Good luck guys....
When I had 5.0.1 Beta 2 installed. I noticed that the carrier string for Sprint changed from 11.1 to 11.3. I was not affected by the poor speeds some of you have been experiencing so I did not notice a difference in my data speeds. Can someone with 5.0.1 official check and see if the carrier string changed there as well and if you have recieved an improvement in your data speeds? You can check the carrier string by going to Settings>General>About and it will be roughly halfway down.
I just noticed the update within the Settings app. I had better than normal data speeds this morning, but I tested my connection both before and after the test. The results are very encouraging!! My transfer speeds doubled and I am really hoping that it stays that way!!!
I meant that I tested it before and after the UPDATE. Sorry.
Oh, and dont get too excited. I just retested and it is back to .64mbps down and .34mbps up. Well, it was fun while it lasted...