cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

My PRL remained the same (51802) and under Carrier it also states 11.3 (not sure if it changed or not... but that is what it shows).

Journeyman

I just tested here in Fishers, Indiana - Download is at .46 and Upload .24 - I am a brand new Sprint customer and thought I had 30 days to cancel my contract. Turned out to be 14 - now I am stuck with a very slow phone. Its so bad here in Indiana that in our only Apple store the phone roams and has no 3G - I thought it was a hardware problem, but the Apple store employees showed me that it was Sprints issue. I am very tempted at this point to take the early cancellation. This service is aweful - new buyers beware.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Thanks for the heads-up. I love helpful posts! You rock right now!!!

Journeyman

Amazing how Apple store employees blame Sprint and Sprint blames Apple.... either way, I the consumer have a slow internet capable shone and paying for service I am NOT getting.

Does anyone remember the J&J Tylonal scare years ago... what did J&J do... they just accepted responsibility (even though it was not their fault)... and made it right!!!

This is what Sprint or Apple should do... just accept responsibility and make it right... people can and will accept it and probably cut them some slack... but each of them (Sprint and Apple) just want to blame the other and we the consumer are pissed at both of them (mainly Sprint since they are the service provider and the one taking our money)!!!!!!

Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer since the 90s and have been contract-free for the past 5 years. I, like many others, waited patiently for years for Sprint to get the Iphone on their network and now that seems to be the biggest mistake we made by not switching to AT&T years ago.

I ordered 2 Iphone 4s (32gb) and even added an additional line to my account - all for these, ahem so called blazing speeds. Not only was I grandfathered into my unlimited plan with no contract, but I find it completely ridiculous that now we have to pay an additonal $10 fee for premium data for such crawling speeds. My HTC Touch Pro 2 was on it's last leg and was even alot faster than this.

I'm in downtown Chicago and I've been doing Speednet tests since the day I activated the phone on Oct 14th. I thought it was strange that throughout the day my 3G icon changed to extended or just a circle where the icon is supposed to be and is roaming in Chicago! These are basic features.....

• It shouldn't take 5-7 minutes to download an email - and another 5 minutes for it to load/display.
  • It shouldn't take 5-10 minutes for an email to be sent.
  • It shouldn't take 10 minutes to download the smallest app.
  • Facebook takes 10 minutes to load

** Note . The 8.42 mbps achieved was through WIFI - not through Sprint's cellular network.

Speednet 002.pngSpeednet 001.png

Signed,

Super duped in Chicago

Journeyman

My Sprint Carrier number changed from Sprint 11.1 to Sprint 11.3 as well.  My speeds before the software update have been 1.0+ all day, and now they are at 0.29.  Now to try ##UPDATE# and see if picks back up I guess.

Journeyman

Like I said. I do not know if the carrier string changes makes any difference. It was just the first visible change that I have seen with the word "Sprint" in it since I have read about this fiasco.

Journeyman

Currently updating to 5.0.1.. let's see if it changes ANYTHING!!

Journeyman

I don't know what all the fuss is about???? Sprint's network  (internet) connection works fine and I am in slightly below average to  poor Sprint 3G coverage.

shot_000007.png

shot_000001.png

shot_000003.png

I'm almost positive the problem is the iPhone 4S more than anything  else. Speeds of my internet connection in Milwaukee Wisconsin, where 3G  coverage falls in between so-so & poor (notice my reception/signal  bars), looks alot better  than those who have a iPhone 4S and located in  strong 3G coverage. My friend has an Sprint iPhone 4S and he suffered  the same fate as all you iPhone 4S users. I, on the other hand, is  getting more than double the connection speed compared to my friends'  iPhone 4S speed (0.6 Mbps at best, side-by-side comparison), AND I  consider my current conntection speed - SLOW!!!!! It used to get up to 2  - 3 Mbps until Sprint released the iPhone 4S and everyone buys it and  causes network congestion. Now I'm stuck with 1 - 1.6 Mbps.

Journeyman

We have an airrav..... it only works for voice. Or so we were told by a Sprint c/s person(and it seems to have been verified by our crappy dl speeds).  I've had to call three times in two weeks for slow speeds. We've tried it with the airrav, and all over the city-in areas with 4G and everything. (We have white 4's, they came with iOS5)

Journeyman

iOS 5.0.1 released today.. wonder if it helps..

Journeyman

I installed it but it dit not help speed still sucks

===========================================

Visit our Christian Network

http://m1820.com

=========================================

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat