cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for a quick response. You are why I am with sprint, good customer service! AT&T wouldn't ever help me. Thanks for setting a higher standard.

Highlighted
Master

My pleasure. Also, when you post in the discussion area, give them the zipcode so they can look up any known issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

mapesy, please explain to me why saying the speeds are slow, and being honest to any future subscribers is not being a "good citizen"...  we might as well move to china where we cant say anythin true, unless its possitive!

and I wasn't lieing when I said I think it's be physically impossible to get to 5GB on this network!!  IS THIS EVEN REASONABLE TO YOU?!

photo.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

MY zip code is 61701!!!!! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im confused.  If people's posts are being deleted, how can people properly get informed about something before signing the two year contract?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Those numbers are very similar to what I've been getting.  This morning at 11:30AM I did the test in Glenview, IL from Glenview server at my desk it was .07 download, .02 upload, 1020ms.  I just ran another test EXACTLY from same location but this time, it took me to Vernon Hills, IL server(another town nearby) and results were .12 download, .10 upload, 984ms.

What does this mean?

Highlighted
Journeyman

lovesprint1, Dont be confused, they want you to be honest, unless what you have to say is not a compliment, then they dont want you to be honest.

davecndn1... the best part about that is they will say they "Doubled your speed"!!!  and that you should be happy!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, when its in that .07, .02 mode, it sucks the battery like heck, like 1% per min. so I think this slow data/battery drain goes hand in hand unfortunately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My zip code is 94108! I hope the speed will be faster since I can upgrade my phone on Friday. I really don't want to switch to a different carrier. I use my phone to do businesses so I need to have a fast phone. Please help!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just forced to port over from Verizon because I had major issues with their customer service which I complained to the manager.  2 weeks later, I get a "fedex" letter in the mail notifying me that they're cancelling my contract.  Apparently there is a clause in the VZW contract that says "they can cancel for any reason at anytime".  They said also that I am responsible for paying the ETF eventhough VZW is the one that cancelled my contract. Mind you I have 3 family plan lines....  Instead of admitting they made a mistake, they send me a letter saying they're cancelling my contract.  I could not believe it but that's the reality of business world today. VZW knows that they have the best "stable" network so right now, they can pick and choose their customers.

Given all this, I'd rather still go back to VZW if I can.

Highlighted
Journeyman

STOP DELETEING MY POSTS FOR BEING HONEST!!!  I am not breaking any of the terms... I am not insulting people, I am not lieing about anything....  Why cant we say how slow the network is without being repremended.... what is the point of these forums if we cant share our experiences!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

v415, I suggest that you paymore and go to verizon.  Its worth every penny

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat