cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I decided to add the Hot Spot to my plan and here are the results of my Speed Test when connecting, 1 - iPad and streaming MLB.com and 2 - streaming both MLB.com and posting on this forum on my MacBook photo 1.PNGphoto 2.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is selling now LTE phones but its LTE network won't be fully deployed until 2015, it means many people purchasing LTE phones from Sprint today will never have LTE service before their phones reaching its end of life, only Sprint can make that possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The LTE issue is no different than the EVO 4G that I bought 2 years ago in Louisville, Ky. and never had 4G covereage here! BS! How is that not really  false advertising? I won't be sucked in again by Sprint's false promises. Looking for another carrier.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went from the E4GT which actually got great 4g speeds(4~11mbps) in NYC, i switched the iPhone 4s and holy crap, the speeds on this thing is ridiculously slow. At home with wi-fi turned off, running on sprint's airave i actually get 1.5~2mbps, but i might as well be on wifi when home, otherwise i get .3~.79mbps which can't even load Google maps properly, my gf was next to me and she has at&t & 4s and she was getting 7mbps, lol granted at&t is running HSPA+, Sprint is SLOW! I hope Network Vision rolls around sooner than later or atleast have 4g LTE up in NYC by the time the 5 drops. I want my GSII lol, and this comes from a customer that has been with nextel/sprint for over 10+ years. The upside is i get credits for any issues/downtime and my bill with 2 iphone's and a samsung replenish is $165. (taxes included)

Highlighted
Journeyman

IF I WAS YOU I WOULD CANCEL BEFORE THE 15 Days!!! Sprint data on IPHONE is Horrible!!!! Even though there is this BLOG they at customer Service do not acknoledge a Data Problem, I escalated all the way up to Operations Manager, his response was we do not gaurantee data speeds we see you have access to data so it is working there is nothing we can do.... If you do not like it cancel but you pay us a fee, or if you want to change to a different phone you pay FULL RETAIL Price.....

I say I run the speed test that your Tech told me to run and it reports slow Data.... Sprint responds well that test is not accurate......

sprint Tech Support says oh wow your data is slow, but our towers are fine it has to be a problem with your IPHONE take it to the apple store so they can diagnose. I take phone to Apple and all test come back good no issues with phone, apple says and documents it is a problem with the carried for Slow Data, I call Sprint back with Results and Manager tells me, Well apple does not work for Sprint to say it is an issue with our Network.... SO why did Sprint tell me to take Phone to APPLE!!!!!

VERY FRUSTRATING! I refer to this communitty page of thousands of customers complaining about the Speeds and showing results Sprint says well that is just your guys opinion that data is slow... it is a blog so the comments are not FACTS just opinions....

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!! But what can we do???!??!?!?!

I have been on the phone for months, and hours at a time escalating to different Managers and get no where SPRINT does not acknoledge there being a problem and are not willing to do anything to help with a solution!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data speeds on Sprint are embarrassing. I went with Sprint because the price was right and the coverage around these parts is pretty good. Data speeds, on the other hand, sucks, especially recently. When I got the phone in January, I was consistently getting 700kbps to about 1.3Mbps. Recently, however, my fastest was 68kbps down and 5kbps up. You read that right. Repeated calls to Sprint and even tweeting them led nowhere. I have essentially lost all data connectivity but am still paying for data. When I call in, they say I am still getting data to the phone so there's nothing they can do. They don't guarantee 3G data speeds. Frustrating to say the least, especially when I just got a mailer touting their recent upgrades to their network and how I should see a dramatic increase in data performance. HA! Since January, it's been going downhill and I am pretty sure this is as slow and low as Sprint can go, considering almost always around my house, pages fail to load. If I drive back to the store 18 miles away, my data jumps back up to roughly 500-1000kbps, so it's definitely a capacity and throughput problem around here. Using sprint.com/network, they say there have been 3 upgrades done in the last 6 months here. I say there were probably 3 downgrades done. It's frustrating for sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to call in the other day to 611 and the first thing I heard was something like, "if you are calling in to report a problem with your data, we are aware of the problem and diligently working on a solution." . So... Maybe they're finally opening their ears and eyes? Maybe? Time will tell.

Highlighted
Journeyman

teewuane wrote:

I tried to call in the other day to 611 and the first thing I heard was something like, "if you are calling in to report a problem with your data, we are aware of the problem and diligently working on a solution." . So... Maybe they're finally opening their ears and eyes? Maybe? Time will tell.

Sprint has been saying this since Day 1 but they aren't working on a solution and it won't be fixed any time soon. Ifthe issue was fixable, it would have been resolved long ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jcs33 I don't think it is IPhone specific my galaxy s2 epic 4g mirrors those speeds in northern Calif. I think they are doing something with the system and speeds are throttled because mine used to be much faster. I could not even stream a song on pandora and the play store and web pages are very slow. Discouraging when you are paying for a premium data plan.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wow your data is flying I am getting .07 to .18 down on galaxy s2 sprint's 3g really has issues right now. I bought an unlocked nexus that I put on AT&T getting 3-4 mps consistant. if things don't improve I am keeping phone till I feel I am fed up enough to pay the ETF and it will be gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup they are good at it too. I bought the EVO 4g when it first came out and paid the extra 10 premium data on that phone because it was 4g at the time and was told 4g wimax was coming. Then I bought the wife an EVO 4g paid the extra 10 because wimax was coming. Then I bought a 4g hotspot and a Nexus s 4g because wimax was coming. Last September I bought a Galaxy S2 epic 4g touch cause wimax was right around the corner,now I am still in contract with a useless 4g device paying a 10 premium on a phone that struggles with 3g and will never realize 4g service unless I travel and then only in a few areas. So what they expect me to buy an LTE device now because LTE is coming!(WOW DEJA VUE) this is rediculous. I have since bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus signed up with AT&T better service for me for sure so as soon as I find it sensible to end my contract or I just get fed up enough my last 2 devices are going away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What makes Spring think this is acceptable? These tests from around the Phoenix metro area. Including Tempe, Mesa, and Phoenix. Completely useless data speeds. If your not on wifi its an iBrick. This is why Sprint offers unlimited data. You can't get data worth anything to even utilize your "unlimited" plan. We did speed tests from Phoenix with Sprint, Cricket, Verizon, At&t and Tmobile. Guess who was the slowest! DING DING DING SPRINT!!!! You have been the slowest and as I can see you always WILL BE THE SLOWEST!!! You lost to cricket....seriously.....pathetic! We have a family of unlimited devices. You get that nice big chunk of change from us every month and for what? To watch my loading spin icon on my status bar? For people to buy new phones from throwing them at walls because your service sucks? My family for one can't wait until your contract is up. I would rather have a data cap that I can actually get to than an unlimited devices thats useless.

photo.PNG

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat