cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Journeyman

Here's what I'm getting in 43201 inside my appartment ... I know CDMA can be bad indoors but this is just sad ...

photo.PNG

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

I just wanted to mention that I am unsure why you all cannot use Siri? I am able to use her without a problem and I am not connected to WiFi (I actually have mine turned off because I have no need for it).

In regards to speed, it is not the fastest on the internet. I was expecting more with all the advertisements; however, its not HORRIBLE when I browse the web. I did expect faster speeds though.

PS: I just speed tested my phone and it is .14 download and .34 upload, so I assume mine are not great either - Not sure why though.

Journeyman

photo (2).PNGphoto.PNG

Here's mine from today and last night.  I'm able to stream  netflix without a problem.

Journeyman

Pheww I thought it was just my iPhone.  I am in Charlotte, NC with 5 bars and I can't even connect to 3G netwrok! EDGE people, fucking EDGE is what I had to use around town today...damn.

I will return the phone and go back to android if I can't even get better speeds.

Journeyman

Take it from a long time Sprint Cusomer of 12 years.

This is what Sprint has been giving us for speeds the last year or so.

That's why they are upgrading to LTE over the next two years but it doesn't help 3G at all currently and with the load of iphone users coming to Sprint for unlimited data, I fear it is only going to get worse.

Journeyman

This Phone sucks for Sprint.... They just lost a customer. All that money for the phone plus the 10 $ premium for data AND THERE IS NO DATA!

Journeyman

I agree HENRokv. Received my iPhone yesterday evening and contemplating returning it. Its slow as sh**. Ive been using a Evo for almost a year and the Evo runs circles around this iPhone. And Ive never used 4g on my Evo , always 3G in my area. The phone appears to not be worth all of the hype that surrounds it. Im going to give it another few days and if the internet speeds dont improve, I will be shipping it back and going back to using my Evo.

Journeyman

I just wish Sprint would come in and say something. If they're throttling data to avoid crashing everything, then say so. My EVO was faster than this, but yesterday everything was slow. My brother and I tested his EVO 3D against the 4S last night, and both got similar speeds... unfortunately those speeds were around .5 Mbps.

Journeyman

This is bad. My old LG Optimus S had fast speeds on the Sprint 3G network. This iPhone 4S data speeds takes me back to the days I used to call another phone number using my 7200 Kbps modem to connect to the Internet. If Sprint thinks they can charge an extra $10 per month for data and dish out dial up speeds, they're going to be processing alot of iPhone returns within the next few days. LoLzz. - Edison, NJ area. BTW, my speedtest.net results were almost 0kbps down and almost 0kbps up. Not even worth posting a screenshot.

Journeyman

I am on the phone with Sprint now and the rep stated they weren't as prepared as they thought they were. They are trying to fix it.

Journeyman

Woohoo! Thank you wmeltonjr for that information =)

People forget that this is Sprints first time dealing with the iPhone and these iPhone sales have surpassed all the previous ones and their expectations. Also many people moved to Sprint for unlimited data. So I am sure they were just not prepared but their speeds will most likely improve. They were quicker prior to this iphone release (I have had sprint for a while now) but once the iPhone hit, speeds slowed down.

Give it a week people, things will get better

Journeyman

I am having the same problem, they are not crazy to lose us, they are trying repair the problem!
I will give to them a week!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat