cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

This is the speedtest screen capture I did on my brand new iPhone 4S.  As you can see, I got .016Mbps down and 0.05Mbps up.  For those of you want to say maybe the network is just slow in my area.  I did the same test with Samsung Epic Touch with 4G turned off at the same spot.  It's 3 times faster.  Is sprint crippling iPhone data rate, or there is something wrong with iPhone CDMA radio itself.

photo.PNG

2,896 REPLIES 2,896
Highlighted
Journeyman

i ALWAYS wonder what the customer would say to the rep if they just came out and said.

There is a problem.. I can not fix it today.. I am sorry this has happen to you.

What would a person do? ARGUE with them..

I know they give you the standard B.S try turn the phone off. take the battery out.. wait 1 minute. reboot your phone.. go to settings and reset to factory etc etc etc....

what would you do if the just came out an told you the TRUTH. THE WHOLE TRUTH an NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH..

OUR NETWORK IS BROKE...

Highlighted
Journeyman

TJUAREZ2 wrote:

Ok just talk to sprint customer service, they had me do a service update w/ the code ##873283#, and still slow as ****, they said that i had to restore my iphone to factory settings and i told them that has nothing to do with it, so they told me to take it in to get exchange maybe it was the phone, LOL/. I have done tests on a EVO i have on a separate line and the speeds just on 3g i get like 2mbps.....also has anybody gotten on the sprint logo on the taskbar sometimes mine changes and it says " Extended " what does that mean? does that mean im Roaming?.......well this slow data better change soon or im switching to and epic touch....

"Extended" apparently means you're roaming on a tower that's not Sprint's, at least that's what a rep told me yesterday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you serious? Are you really saying we are the going to be the cause of unlmited data being removed... WOW.. I am speechless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are the PATHETICALLY SLOW 3G speeds I've recorded since Friday. Wasn't dial-up Internet back in 1999 faster than this???

speeds1.png

speeds2.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't believe sprint has talked to PCMAG. There was no reference of who made that statement from Sprint, no official press release from Sprint themselves, and no other articles quoting sprint. All articles refering to Sprint "Statement" refer to this article at PC Mag. I'm waiting for an official response.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you go back to that forbes article at the end. it says

This post originally appeared at Mobiledia.

Forbes only reprinted what the heard from Mobiledia

Highlighted
Journeyman

3020fjr wrote:

...Soon Sprint will use these thread of 489 replies and exaggerate the News like many are reporting and will release the following Press release.

Due to the high demand of our iphone and complain from our Iphone costumers that we have seen reported on varies news website including our Sprint Community. We have notice that our costumer would rather have high speed than Unlimited Data.

I hope they proof read their Press Release better than you did...

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I mentioned forbes, I wasn't trying to provide a source. I wanted to show that this 3g issue is getting spotlight in the media.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope they keep their day job.. writing press releases is not their cup of tea.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hear you .. some other posters seem to imply, Forbes is the source of sprints statement.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, all!

Will England, Site Admin here.

No, I don't have any comment about the network speeds.  Far above my paygrade at this point.

But I would like to remind you to keep the discussion professional and on-topic.  We're talking about iPhone 4S and slow 3G speeds here -- not speculating about contracts, changes to unlimited or anything else.

Thank you for keeping this discussion focused and useful for our customers, prospects and our management teams.

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Will, hope to hear something from Sprint about the iphone and network speeds.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat