cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

2,896 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

No more frustration now,eft sprint a couple of weeks ago and the iphone family as well! CRICKET 4g LTE is my new family and not only am I getting >5MB/s but also enjoying a way cheaper rate on our family plan! Oh and $200 trade in for my iph4s and 100 for switching, I am a very happy camper on a new galaxy s4, which so far I am very impressed and felt like the iphone family is so behind on tech and features! The new monthly rates will shortly make up for the etf and remaining cost of new phone ! And cricket now part of ATT should enjoy an even stronger lte network in the future...

Journeyman

It's the same in NYC my friend, Sprint service is horrible - what good is unlimited data when pages don't load?  And forget playing a video...

Journeyman

There is no 4G LTE in Lancaster PA. Does he mean Lancaster CA?

Journeyman

Some of you had data? I had none for the past 4 months at my house and neighborhood as well as no phone service. After being lied to repeatedly by Sprint support that the problem would be fixed within a few days of each call, I switched to AT&T and amazingly we can use I Phones again as well as Siri, which did not work well in "coverage areas". They lost a long time customer of 17 years and I tried to stick it out but the rudeness of certain staff and poor service was too much.

Journeyman

I am also having problems with the speed of 3G on my phone.  Sprint seems to be the worse company for this.

Wizard

and of course the woman who called me & said she would call me back in a few days has never called.  wonder why I think everybody who works for Sprint is a HUGE LIAR

Journeyman

I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I am guessing Bryce383 is probably right, but I'm going to keep hawk-like track of the data over the next few days and and keep it posted on this blog: Sprint iPhone Data Frustration

http://sprintiphonedatafrustration.tumblr.com Feel free to post comments on my data or update with your own horror stories!

Journeyman

It just seems sprint doesn't care. So I think when all our contracts run out we should drop them! It would seem we would get better customer service but as long as people stay they will not care!

Journeyman

I'm not sure why they're pretending that they don't about the issues. It is a well known FACT that they network infrastructure is inadequate. So there is no point to pretend anymore. There are thousands of people calling in and posting online with their slow network speed issues. including myself.. and Im a new user. My problems started from the beginning and it was very apparent when I switched from ATT to Sprint. (i also had verizon before, i never had issues with them).

Wizard

I actually got a call today on one of the letters I wrote today to corporate.  And the person was trying to act like they were shocked that I was having a problem.  Said they would research the issue & call me back in a few days.  So we shall see if they actually come thru on that promise.