ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on Sprint 3G network

Journeyman

Now that Sprint has the iPhone 4S, how will this work on Sprint's 3G network? I'm from San Jose CA. Home of 4G and really used to 4G speed as its what I use everyday. Going from Evo 4G to iPhone 4S is actually downgrading. Even with A5 dual core, icloud and siri. I can't trade my speed to the new iPhone features that I won't benefit from when browsing, streaming and downloading/uploading.

It's worth waiting for the iPhone 5 that will run on 4G network. WiMax or LTE.

Thoughts please on iPhone4S on Sprint's 3G network.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

At this point isn't it pure speculation that the iPhone 5 will run on 4G?

If I was out and about and needed strong data connection, I wouldn't get a 4S since it will only run 3G, not 4G.  I spend most of my time on WiFi though so it's not al that critical.

Journeyman

Apple needs to run iPhone 5 on 4G if they really want to bring Android down as most Android phones runs on 4G. I like my 4G as its always available every where I go in the bay area. I just can't see myself waiting for 3G to load when I'm ding something wither the Evo. I can wait for the iPhone 5. I really hope its 4G this time.

Journeyman

Agree.  The phone not being 4G capable was a dealbreaker for me after much anticipation.  I am sticking with my EVO until the next generation iPhone, hoping (fingers crossed!) that it is 4G.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat