cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on the NOW Network, but...

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S on the NOW Network, but...

When is Sprint finally acknowledging that they are going to offer the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S? I called Sprint yesterday and they said that everything is just a rumor. I told them that I wasn't referring to rumors or blogs, but that I was referring to Apple's official announcement. It's both on the Apple Store online as well as on their PR page (www.apple.com/pr). Apple is offering pre-orders online when the clock strikes twelve on October 7 (basically tomorrow at midnight). I'm sure there are a ton of Sprint customers like myself that want to preorder the iPhone, but I also want to take advantage of my upgrade so the phone would be cheaper, and I don't think I can do that on Apple.com. Does anyone have any idea on when you can upgrade to an iOS device via Sprint? Also, let's please avoid Droid vs. Apple debates. Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizard

You will be able to pre order the Iphone from www.sprint.com/iphone this Friday October 7th. Then on October 14th the device will be out for sell at the store locations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So at midnight on October 7 at sprint.com/iphone? Thanks for your response!

Highlighted
Wizard

Can you shed any light on the lack of any iPhone or Apple content on Sprint yet?  I would have expected you to open new areas of the phone/OS boards to filter all the Apple and iPhone questions to one place.  I'm also confident if my company were getting the iPhone after years of being the outsider, I'd have one plastered over every available pixel of my website.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I second that. Maybe they're waiting for the Oct 7 meeting in NYC?

Highlighted
Wizard

Doing a quick check of AT&T and Verizon, both have huge iPhone 4S pics across the top of their pages.  Why no love, Sprint?

By the time the 7 Oct meeting takes place (9:30 ET), they'll already have 10 hours of iPhone 4S orders in.  It would be too late at that point to pull a reveal of an iPhone 5 or something like that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The way I understand it is the $199, $299 and $399 prices are the discount prices for new customers and qualifying upgrade prices.  So what you see on Apple you will see on Sprint too come this Friday.

Highlighted
Wizard

Kilroy858 wrote:

The way I understand it is the $199, $299 and $399 prices are the discount prices for new customers and qualifying upgrade prices.  So what you see on Apple you will see on Sprint too come this Friday.

This is what I've seen as well in regards to pricing. Standard upgrade eligibility guidelines apply

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sagese58,

When you told Sprint customer service that you weren't referring to rumors but to the official Apple announcement, what was their response?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't understand why they're playing dumb either, it makes no  sense. I called today and the representative I spoke with acted as if it  was the first time she was even hearing about this.

She kept  asking me questions like, "What is it about the iPhone that you like,  why do you want one?" and, even worse, "What makes you think Sprint is  going to carry the iPhone 5?". Um, I don't. I specifically told her I  wanted more information about upgrading to the iPhone 4S and the plans. I  also pointed out how there was an official announcement and the Sprint  logo is all over the Apple website. "Oh, really? What is this Apple  website you mentioned?" Dude, seriously?

After almost 10 minutes  of her playing dumb and pretending to write down everything I said to  "tell her manager about these rumors" (WTF?) I just gave up and thanked  her for letting me call in to inform them about the phone they're going  to start selling on Friday.

After that I called 1800MYAPPLE. The representative immediately  told me that because they don't have access to the Sprint user database  yet (Really?!? 3 days before the launch? Oh, well, Cook must have just  randomly mentioned Sprint in the announcement then, because one would  think they'd plan for these things... Right?), but as soon as they do,  "within the next couple of days", we will be able to enter our  information directly in the Apple store and get both the iPhone 4 and 4S  for our existing Sprint accounts. He assured me that this would be up  on time for the online pre-sale.

Seeing how poorly and unprofessionally this is being handled by Sprint only makes me question whether they'll be able to handle and communicate everything that's yet to come.  My contract is over at this point, so I could switch, but for some  reason none of the other options seem much better than this. Sigh...

Highlighted
Journeyman

What will be the pricing for no qualifying upgrades? does anyone know?

Highlighted
Journeyman

In my opinion sprint is really starting off on the wrong foot her. It's so strange that they would play dumb. You'd think they would want it plastered all over there website by now. They're stupid if they think there gonna be making some sort of bug reveal Friday...it'll be old news by then and AT&T and Verizon will already be way ahead of them with pre orders.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat