cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S recall ?

Journeyman

iPhone 4S recall ?

The reason why you are likely not having any issues is because you don't have an airave. I actually did try a replacement phone from apple today. The PRL was the same, 51028. I had the same issues with the airave as the original. Since swapping phones didn't fix it, I was actually able to swap back to my original phone. They couldn't garuntee that the replacement was actually a new phone and not a refurb, so my wife and I decided to go with our original new one. To be clear everything about our phones works just fine until we are connected to the airave at home. Voicemail isn't pushed through when you are using an airave connection.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S recall ?

Don, I'm assuming you work for Sprint. If there is no issue with faulty PRLs, then why are iphone tech people giving us faulty information? I was specifically told that I had to return my phone because my number was 51082. I had to order a replacement phone (arriving tomorrow). The tech did mention that there is a batch of these phones in circulation, and they are trying to have people return them soon. Crossing my fingers that this replacement will do the trick.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S recall ?

UPDATE:  So I got both my iPhones PRL to update to 51082 and activated after a hard reset. We did not have to return them. Me and my wife have been using our iPhones for the past 3 days just fine. Voicemail also works fine, but internet is a crawl. I stopped by a Sprint repair station today and complained about slow internet. I mentioned about this thread on the Sprint Forum and how sevveral people were asked to return the phone. The rep actually went online to read this thread. I then ask him if I can exchange my iphones to a iphone from a later batch. He said no because my iphone works fine, and as for the internet slow speed, he said it has nothing to do with the PRL. He said the issue is all the new iPhones coming online. He said network engineers are working on the problem. So there you have it.. Unless someone have a suggestion, I guess I'll be holding on to my iPhones and just wait for them to work on their network.

Journeyman

iPhone 4S recall ?

If you phone works, do not return it. Unless there is an offical word from Sprint saying PRL 51082 is bad/defective/invalid then there is no reason to return your phone.  Now if you are having issues, then that's another story and you should proceed accordingly.  But if everyting is working fine for you, there is no reason to return it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S recall ?

is there a status update it's been nearly a month now and i still have SLOW SLOW DATA!!! what is the current PRL for the phone?

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4S recall ?

I currently have 51085 in my phone. Don't know if that is the latest or not.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat