cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

Patron

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

Ok so the 16gb iPhone 4s is $199 w/ a 2-year contract and I'll be eligeable for my $150 upgrade on dec. 1st. Does the $150 come off the $199 price making the phone $49 or the $649 price making the phone $499? I havent found a clear answer to this question. If anyone knows I'd love an answer! Thank You!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

i just went to the SPrint store yesterday.  I got the Samsung Galaxy SII which I love so far, the phone price was $199, I had a $150 uprgrade credi, but somehow the phone was still $199. 

Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

No your "upgrade" discount is already factored into the $199. You will pay that, plus a $36 activation fee. And add another $99 for Apple Care, you'll definitely want that. Total is $317 for upgrade customers.

Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

Why isn't the upgrade discount taken off the $199? I'm eligible for a $150 upgrade at the beginning of April. I'm sorry it just doesn't make any sense not to give upgrade customers a better price than new customers. Doesn't Sprint want to keep their clients? The iPhone isn't exclusive to Sprint so it's not like people couldn't go to Verizon.

Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

Why would Sprint give more money off of their new customer pricing? They are more likely to make money off of new customers due to plans increasing in price whereas when you upgrade you tend to keep your lower cost plan. iPhone 4S retails for around 500 (not quite sure). Upon upgrading, you would generally pay anywhere from that price minus 150$ to the new customer pricing. You will never pay LESS than a new client.

Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

Sprint does not allow you to use the credit on the iPhone 4S. They tell you that your price is including that credit, but new customers get the same price. Nothing to be done. Maybe when the iPhone 5 comes out, you can get discounts on the 4S...

Master

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

The lowest price is the available on the apple is new customer pricing and when using your upgrade eligibilty discount.  This is either 150 dollars of the price of the phone or the national discount.  offered.

Master

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

You will find that the cost of the iphone is the same with  any carrier  when you get a discount.  Verizon  ATT or Sprint the lowest price you will find on the device is $199  We have already calculated the 150 for signing a new contract in to the price.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

But we're in the Spint Store the salespeople leave you with the impression that the discount WILL be applied, not has already been. Not to mention new customers GET THE SAME PRICE. You can run the speech from the manual all day. It doesn't change the fact that even promising the loyalty discount is deceptive. I've been with Sprint more than twelve years, and worked in phone service myself. I know rehearsed answers when I hear them.

Master

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

You are correct that a new customer gets the same discounted price for buying the device and setting up service.  Never said they did not.  The lowest  price is made available to both groups  Those who qualify for an upgrade and those who are starting new service.  I am sorry if you were mislead in any way. 

Journeyman

iPhone 4s Upgrade price?

So I know this one because I used to be tier 3 for sprint back in the day.  When you qualify for your upgrade they promise at least $150 off the price of new phone.  (Meaning it could be more)  Discounts are always taken off the MSRP.  The Actual price on the iPhone 4s is $649 for 16G.  If they only charge you $199 then you are getting a $400 discount.  No matter how you look at it, the best and newest toys are always expensive.

Thanks for reading...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat