ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s from HTC Evo - What do we lose?

Journeyman

You really have to take the responses in here with a grain of salt unless people in here own the Iphone4...since Sprint just got it, im assuming no one in here owns it...even if you have a friend that owns it, chances are you didnt sit with the person for days figuring out everything that available....if you really want some information on pro's and con's etc..either wait for these Sprint users to actually get their phone and post reviews or do major research online about either phone...in the end, its all preference...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like EVO much better.

I like the interface better, the convenience of having a Home button, back button features. 

The kickstand is a real bonus when i'm watching or streaming music.

I'm going to wait to see if I can download App's from Amazon.  They have an amazing selection to choose from and they offer a "Paid" App for free every day.  I have gotten some of the $5.00 paid apps for free wieh NOT one single AD on it.  Some people don't mind the ad's, but they annoy me to death. 

The only thing I miss is my iTunes Music, and even that I have replaced by buying the music elsewhere and downloading it into my EVO.

In the long run, what really counts is the features you want and like.  Hope this information helps you decide.

Journeyman

I agree with VDubb.  The only reason why I haven't gotten an iphone before is because it wasn't on Sprint.  I unfortunately have to wait until Nov 1 to upgrade, but hopefully the crowds would have died down by then.  In anticipation of the latest Iphone, I've read blogs and played with every Iphone I can get my hands on and I'm really excited.  I'm tired of the force closures, my weather widget hasn't worked since the last 2 system updates, and my speech to text just started working again after the last update.  The weather widget was the only widget that I personally found useful.  The screen size to me isn't a big deal as I'm a women with kid hands.  We're also going to get an Imac so the icloud is a feature that I can't wait to enjoy.  The kickstand and Sprint TV are cool, but I hardly used them.  I did confirm with a rep today that the insurance is not avaliable with the iphone, however, I've been trying to get rid of this for years because we typically keep our old phones.  Lastly 4g.  Its only avalible where I work, my husband is never on 4g unless he comes into the city.  So no big loss for me there either. 

Also, some of the apps that I find that I want are only avaliable with the iphone or have features that are only avaliable with the iphone.  Facetime is sweet.  I've used Qik and another similar app and both ended in epic fails. 

One thing that I wish Sprint would get rid of is the $10 data charge.  We're on unlimited plans and it made sense to us to have the charge because the Evo has 4g and our previous residence we used 4g alot.  Now that we're really not in a 4g area and this isn't a capability of the iphone, I don't think we should still get charged for it.  Then again maybe I don't fully understand the reason behind the charge. 

Journeyman

There is QIK for the iPhone.. I put it on my IPOD and was able to call from the IPOD to the EVO and it worked great!  Here is what I would like to know since I too am an EVO user:

1. is there SWYPE for the iPhone? I cant live wihtout this,  I found an UNOFFICIAL beta version and tried it on my uipod and it misses over 90% of the words and has no settings to adjust anything.

2. is there a CAR MOUNT for the iphone that includes charging? I use my EVO with a PROGRAM called COPILOT in the car and would do the same with the iPhone

3.  BIGGEST THING -  is there an UNTETHERED fix fo the iphone 4S(someone who knows what I am talking about can just say yes or no and PM me where).  I see some tetherered options but nothing untethered ,,,,

4. is there SPRINT TV and SPRINT FOOTBALL?

5. how does the facebook integration work? I want to know if it grabs the photos from facebook to link to contacts like the EVO..

6.  Does GOOGLE VOICE wotk the same way it does on the EVO? IE - I have the APP and I can set rules as to which ones use the regulart sprint daler and which numbers dial through google voice?

Thats alll for now ....

Journeyman

If you use 4G like I do, that's something else you loose with an iPhone.

Journeyman

Im in NJ and we dont have good 4G coverage.. sprint says there is 4G in my area and I cant get it.. I even have to use a AIRAVE to get good 3G/Phone signal in my house...

Journeyman

The EVO now is $99.  The other thing I would miss about my EVO is my front loading camera.  I take so many silly self photos.

I would not get the 3D, just because a recent conversation witht a Sprint Sales rep.

And I got my EVO the very first day it came out, and I have not had one single bit of trouble with it.  As far as others that may have had trouble may think otherwise.

I just gave you what my experience has been with the EVO.

Journeyman

Doen't the Iphoen 4S have a front AND back camera? I really like my EVO .. Im still on 2.2 as there is a big issue with 2.3 and EXCHANGE SERVER not being able to SYNC the CALENDAR DATA (I have a co-worker on 2.3 with this issue - no one at sprint has been able to say when the fix would be available but they did say it was android 2.3 as my 2.2 works).

In the past 3 weeks I have been getting MORE and MORE force closes and now I get a force close and then a "the SD card is not available" message.  All that I need to get me to the iphone 4S is SWYPE and then something called "jailbreak"

Does anyone know how the iphone syncs with facebook? by that, I mean does it pull the photos off of facebook and link your accounts to it for the contact photos, and birthdays and status like thr EVO does?

Wizard

The iphone 4 and 4s have the front facing camera.

Journeyman

Yep it does... is there any compelling reason to upgrade tot he iPhone 4S? Im seriously considering it but dont know if $399 - $150upgrade is worth it.  I would get the 64G version since it has no SD card slot and I would then use this as IPOD, phone, etc so I dont need to carry my iPod too ...
Journeyman

i would miss custom keyboards (i use SwiftKey) and widgets!

i used to have iphone 3GS then switched to evo 4g, but now that new Siri voice recognition thing is looking pretty interesting on the iphone 4s...

Journeyman

Other than me just wanting a change, there is no real reason to upgrade to an iPhone.  I wouldn't even call it an upgrade as the EVO is a great phone.  I have an EVO 4G and have had is since Sept. 2010.  I think I just want to see what all the fuss is about.  I am interested in using Siri though.  I hardly ever turn on the 4G as I get good service without and it starts to kill my battery.

The Evo is a great phone and served me well.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat