cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s from HTC Evo - What do we lose?

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4s from HTC Evo - What do we lose?

I agree!!! I have the EVO also and I have absolutely no complaints... However, I am purchasing the iphone-- like u--- to see what the fuss is all about as well.  I already have the ipad and I absolutely love it... Holla!!  So, at this point, I have no need to purchase any phones for a very long time after this, since I will have the best of all 3 worlds; ipad, evo and iphone.... Holla!!

Journeyman

At least you can take advantage of iCloud with the iphone and iPad...correct?

Journeyman

I dont know if I am going to switch.. thigs I will miss:

1. SPRINT NAVIGTION - I do use COPILOT on my EVO and thre is COPILOT for iPhone but the FREE Sprint Nav works great

2. SWYPE - there is a un-official BETA for iSWYPE but its not very good.  I tried it on my IPOD and it missed almost every word

and a big thing no one can let me know .. IS THERE VISUAL VOICEMAIL for the iPHONE??

Journeyman

I know there is Facetime...whether there is visual voicemail I don't know.

Wizard

carrie2711 wrote:

Root which lets you put what you want not what apple wants.

Long before the words "root, rooted, rooting" were being bandied about there were terms known as "jailbreak, jailbroken, jailbreaking." (At least as far as phones are concerned).

Journeyman

I also had th evo an upgrade to the samsung epic.. evo screen was to small is my reason for changing.. it served me well until bigger screens came to sprint with phones i like. for a while sprint has iffy looking phones.

Journeyman

so is anyone actually switching from the EVO to the iPhone 4S??? also does anyone know if the SPRINT iPhone comes with VISUAL VOICEMAIL?????

Journeyman

I am switching from the EVO to the 4s because my EVO has been a total pain for me!

Journeyman

I am keeping my EVO for now.  I am a frequent 4G user and consider trading for an iPhone a downgrade, and speeds are noticeably different between 3G and 4G.  And for the person that commented on camera quality, the EVO has had an 8 megapixel camera ever since it first came out, so no improvement there on going to an iPhone.  I've had my EVO since May 2010 and, as much as I like Apple products (I own an iPad 2nd generation, an iMac, a classic iPod and a MacBook Pro), I am sticking with it and passing on the iPhone 4s.

Journeyman

I still havernt decided if I am switching to the iPhone from the EVO.. I really like the EVO.. However, going to a smaller screen is something I just thought about tonight... the iPhone has a smaller screen... no flash... I just started updating a web site I run for html5 videos

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I must have missed the Spec's for the front loading camera. 

iPhone 4 has both front and back camera's, but is only 5 mpxl

The new iPhone 4s did not mention on this website, but I can't see Apple taking away the front phone, and they did upgrade to 8 mpxl.

Journeyman

The smaler screen as compared to my EVO and a $400 price tag wiht insurance is holding me back.. and no adobe flash player despite what people say about it not being needed....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat