cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s instore purchase

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will I be able to walk into any store selling the iphone and purchase it using my upgrade discount? This is if i'm lucky enough to find one.

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

In theory yes. Though you may want to head on over to your local store right now and get in line for tomorow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From what I was told, most Sprint stores are being allocated 200 iPhones each, and I don't know how many of each model (16, 32, 64) are broken up over that amount.  You probably won't need to get to the store right now, but definitely by 2 or 3 a.m. for this release.  The larger corporate stores in each region might get more, but I'd also expect more people to show up there.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Wonder if that Youtube video from the last iPhone launch is still around - the one the KC Best Buy employee made.  "I Don't Care, I want the one with the more Gee Bees".

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Wizard

I can't believe that's the first time I saw that video.  It's hilarious!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good question - what about ordering directly from Apple On Line?  They are selling for the same price as Sprint is offering me after all my "so called" discounts... Sprint says 649.00 for the 16GB which to me after my amazing discounts of of 450.00 let's me buy it for 199.00 - IF... I sign up for two more years... so am thinking I can buy at Apple and just transfer my new phone without signing up for two more years... Anyone?  I know some friends have signed up to get theirs at Best Buy tomorrow...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wrong. The prices on Apples website are for the phone WITH a 2 year contract. There is no getting around this guys. If you aren't eligible for upgrade you aren't eligible. You can either wait Until you are eligible, cancel and pay the etf and go elsewhere, or just shut up and pay full price. Those are your options. As has been explained a thousand times in the last three weeks in a thousand threads and posts on here. Quit complaining about it. Everyone else is tired of reading it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, there is a way for you to save $100.  Let's use the 64gb as an example.  The price of the phone is $850 without contract, or $400 with contract.  So get a contract and then cancel immediately after you purchase the phone.  $400 + the $350 early termination fee = $750.  There, you just saved $100.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jeesh - GeneralLee3 - Do you work for Sprint Customer Service?  You have the same tone!  If you don't like what is posted don't respond!  I think the point is people are sick and tired of being ripped off... Sprint pulled its loyalty program just before this launch... and it is its loyal customers (15 years for me) that it should be pandering to ..and who unlike you - don't spend their days on forums like this so haven't read every complaint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

program still going till end of the year, eligibility changed.  No one is being ripped off.  If you're trying to get out of contract to buy this phone, OR caught in the middle with $75 upgrade all you have to do is wait or leave!

Highlighted
Journeyman

make sure you qualify for upgrade before lining up.

jonthomas89 wrote:

Will I be able to walk into any store selling the iphone and purchase it using my upgrade discount? This is if i'm lucky enough to find one.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you take "just shut up and pay full price" out of GeneralLee3's post he's spot on. This forum was created for Sprint customers to get help with their devices and to ask for answers with problems they are having, not for discussions on how to circumvent Sprint's policys and do to Sprint what some people say Sprint is doing to them. And no, I don't work for Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat