Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s will not make or receive calls

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4s will not make or receive calls

I bought my iPhone 4s back in March 2012 and it worked great. Over the last few weeks the service has gotten worse and it no longer makes or receive phone calls. The text messaging and data is a bit sketchy as well. I tried doing the ##UPDATE# on it and that did not help. My zip code is 24151. My phone updated a few months back with the IOS 5.1.1 and nothing changed then. It's just recently that its been messing up. As of right now I can not receive or make any phone calls. My data has slowed down. My screen shows 3 to 5 bars of service with 3G beside it until I dial a phone number and click call. Then the 3G vanishes. I've also tried using my phone in different zip codes and still no improvement.

Please point me in a direction to fix this. Sprint and the Apple store are not that close to where I live and I don't have a home phone. So calling support is not a option for me.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 4s will not make or receive calls

First I would turn it off then back on, hold the top power button until you see "Slide to power off" then obviously slide it over to power off. Once it is off press and hold the same button. Try "Reset networks settings" - it is safe - settings > general > reset. Check settings >general > about and it may tell you to update carrier settings. If that doesn't fix it let me know

Journeyman

Journeyman

As it turns out Sprint is having an issue with the phone number prefix 238 in the 24151 zip code. I ended up having to change my phone number and my zip code and now everything works awesome!

Journeyman

I tried the updating my phone. I tried resetting it to factory, etc. It was the network issues with the prefix 238 is what Sprint told me numerous times, so I changed my number.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat