cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Insurance

14 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iPhone Insurance

No, you are not alone. I was told it was total coverage, and therefore better than the Assurion coverage-the only thing was that it was required up front.

Journeyman

I Bought my iPhone last May, I just dropped it and broke the screen in two places, when I bough my phone I vapid 200 dollars for apple care for insurance I hope to god they cover my screen as its broken so bad I keep cut in my fingers on the screen when I type a message, if not ill have to wait for the money and find a place to replace the screen.

Journeyman

the are 2 kinds of apple care. i hope you are talking about apple care plus, which does cover any kind of accidental damage and they usually just replace it they don't fix it so i love it.

Journeyman

yes water damage is covered. took my phone skiing and well they replaced it.

Journeyman Ark
Journeyman

Accidental damage but not accidental water damage, none of the lame apple care plans cover that

Highlighted
Wizard

Hey, popo. Accidental damage is covered for up to two incidents over the 24 month duration of the agreement. Check out section 3.2 of the terms and conditions:

http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/applecareplus.pdf

Journeyman

acording to the policy listed above the plan does not cover accidental damage:  The Plan does not apply to: Installation, removal or disposal of the Covered Equipment, or provision of equipment while the Covered Equipment is being serviced; (ii) Damage caused by (a) a product that is not the Covered Equipment, (b) accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external causes.

I'm thinking what is the use of getting this applecare?

Master

Apple Care Plus does not cover lost or stolen devices under any circumstances.   I would activate find my phone so if it  goes missing and is lost you have some chance of finding it.

Journeyman

i was told by my sprint rep that the iphone insurance covers loss of the phone only if you have the find my iphone app installed turned on and the phone still cannot be recovered,  but the selling point was the damage coverage that i recieve because i can be a bit hard on phones protective cases or not

Journeyman

Like 14KNIGHT said, there are third party insurance companies that you can use for insurance that coveres lost or stolen phones.

My actual credit card company, covers my insurance on my phone, but works a little difffrent.

I have to first go out and purchase the new device that I need ...

Then send the recipt back in to 5/3 bank .. and they will send me a check back .. for 200 bucks...