cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone running 5.1.1 , double sms sound bug

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone running 5.1.1 , double sms sound bug

I noticed that when i send a sms greater then 90 characters, not an imessage, i hear a double swoop sound as if two sms messages are being sent. This happens everytime i send a message greater then 90 characters. I sent a sms to another sprint carrier and to an AT&T carrier and the same issue followed. I just restored my iphone to 5.1.1, no apps and not jailbroken. Are other users experiencing this same issue? Just started after i updated software. You can turn off imessage in settings/messages and send yourself a sms message greater then 90 characters to test.

Appreciate the feedback ..

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

This happens because when you are sending a message that is greater than 90 characters it goes to the recipients inbox as more than one message. If you hear 2 swoops, that is going across as 2 messages... if you hear 3 swoops they are going to receive 3 messages and so far and so on.  This doesnt happen, however, if you are sending to another iphone and they receive imessages as well.  Hope this helps

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat