ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone use in the UK for a year studying abroad

Journeyman

iPhone use in the UK for a year studying abroad

I have an iPhone 4S that will still be under the Sprint contract for the next year or so. I'm a college student, and this fall I'll be leaving for London for a year of studying abroad. Is there a way to transfer my phone to a phone network in the UK, or does Sprint offer a long-term international plan?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: iPhone use in the UK for a year studying abroad

noslew,

Thanks for your post. For us to unlock a device for international use, the phone must be active on a Sprint account for at least 90 days and the account must be in good standing. From there, our international team would be able to assist in reviewing the account to see if you qualify. You can reach them via 1-888-226-7212, option 2. Thanks and have a great trip!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Re: iPhone use in the UK for a year studying abroad

Sprint has international rate plans and usage rates. Another option is to get it unlocked and buy a local SIM. Sometimes it's even better to just buy a phone and plan locally (and use your iPhone on WiFi).  It depends on your budget.  If I were staying mostly in one place for a year, I'd use option 2.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat