cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s not placing/receiving phone calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 4s not placing/receiving phone calls

My phone doesn't place/receive phone calls when I am inside my house. My wife has the same phone and her's has no issues. Text/imessages come and go just fine. If I walk outside the phone works just fine even though the signal stays at two bars. We have had wifi for a while but the problem just started.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6

Re: iphone 4s not placing/receiving phone calls

runnergray,

Thanks for the post. Have you processed a hard reset on the phone when in the house? Hold down the Power + Home buttons until the screen goes black and then release. Wait 1 minute and reboot the phone. Afterward, process an update to the phone by dialing ##873283# + CALL. Let me know if that helps! Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for the quick reply. I did those things and even went to the Apple Store. They did a reset and started the phone like a new one. I just got off the phone with Sprint's customer service and we tried the update you mentioned. The Sprint rep did say that there was a tower issue for my area but couldn't explain why both phones weren't affected.

runnergray,

Thanks for the info. What's the zip and cross streets? I'd like to check out that outage and see what it boils down to. Often times issues with towers can have different impacts on phones dependent on when the phone has transferred from tower to tower. It's the equivalent of a baton race where one runner has to hand the baton off to another. The towers do the same thing with phone calls as traveling takes place. When you're getting out of range of one tower and into the other, the towers have to "pass the baton" so the call continues. If the transfer isn't smooth it could lead to a dropped call. If you're transferring to an outage it could have a negative effect on the device wherareas if the alternate device has remained in the same area it wouldn't feel the impact as heavily. Let me know that info and I'll check it out. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. The zip is 43026 and the closest intersection Davidson Road and Trueman Boulevard. The person I spoke with at Sprint said there was an issue for a nearby tower but he didn't understand why it would cause problems for one phone and not another. My phone made several calls today just fine while I was away from the house.

Thanks for the info. The tower is having issues with blocked calls and dependant on your proximity to it it could be having an adverse affect on your services. In terms of the other device, it may be a situation where they are simply not running into the issue as the tower is functioning but having issues with dropping calls. Technicians are working to fix it ASAP. I'll keep an eye on it as once it is cleared I'd recommend updating the profile to make sure you're on the right tower. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am now having same problem.

It seems as tho I cannot receive or make calls OR send a non iPhone text

internet works tho

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat