cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s problems with battery life, receiving/sending phone calls/sms/mms + slow data

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 4s problems with battery life, receiving/sending phone calls/sms/mms + slow data

lately i've been having horrible issues with my 4s:

-my battery life will drop 30%+ within an hour texting & very little web browsing.

-phone only lasts 4 1/2 hours until i need to charge again. the only way i can keep it running is if i turn cellular data off.

-my phone will be on the charger and lose up to 3% (while it's charging) within 10 minutes of checking email, texts, social networking sites.

-3g is slow

-i'm constantly having to retry sending my sms/mms. if it DOES send its not at all instant and takes a good minute for it to completely go through.

-every so often my phone will just stop making phone calls. they won't go through. i'm not sure if i miss any received ones, but i'm just gonna assume that's the case since... my phone basically works when it feels like it.

is anyone else having this problem?

i've heard that apple is supposedly going to come out with an update soon.. but i'm wondering if some of these things are just carrier issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Battery issues:  Try the steps outlined in my reply within this earlier thread.  They appear to work (although may limit the functionality of your device a bit).

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/362103#362103

Apple has released a beta software update to developers which addresses the battery issues.  They will be releasing this as a software update in the next couple weeks (says Apple).

Some people have data issues, some don't.  It seems pretty clear this is not a carrier-wide issue.  It may be a bad phone and/or network issue.

If Sprint really is getting a lot of carrier switchers, it is not surprising that some of these people are having service issues.  Despite what carrier maps show, radio waves don't always make it to where they're "projected" to go.

Patron

I've just joined the Sprint "family" and bought a new iphone 4s, hasn't been able to send or rec texts since i bought it/signed up 3 weeks ago. Have had several chats with customer service, and with apple techs and with resolution management. Everytime they tell me something different, and that a case number will be emailed to me and ill get called back within 72 hours after the engineers take a look at the tower and yadda yadd yadda...i never get emailed, i never get called back and everytime i call them back they never know what issue i'm talking about as if it's the first time i've called. They even floated the idea of getting a credit to my account, never heard about that again either.

They literally spend as little amount of time on the phone with you as possible, then tell you it'll be fixed and you'll hear from them when they're done. Then you never do. Thanks Sprint for the $400 iphone I mean, ipod touch.

Journeyman

try doing some of these changes. some people have had success for their battery life.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109087467436585685463/posts/Zukh8dFh7Ao

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat