cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone is coming

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

Hold on People the iphone 4S is on it's way. I have been tracking this for almost a year now. The Best phone is coming to the Best network this fall. All indications are an announcement around August 24,th & on sale about September 13th. iphone 5 will be 4G LTE but not till 2012. LTE network is still very small & a battery killer to soon & so not Apple's style. If you don't believe me get all the latest news & updates via Google Alerts. If you never used them go sign up. I use subject sprint iphone / best results/ email/ once a day. Also read the article link below. Not that it matters to me but lets hope Sprint will offer us early upgrade if you want to get the iphone before the 2 year's is up. I'm going to be 2 months shy of the upgrade but I just don't care I have waited for this since 2007. I'll pay early upgrade!!!

I'm so sure of this that I've spent a bazillion hours in itunes chosen all my Apps for the iphone. I'm getting the white 32G my cover Mophie Juice Pack Air in yellow (Sprint colors of course) 2x Battery cover & the case the 5500 leather case with open face under the flap. I'm so ready for the pre-order day to be announced!

http://theweek.com/article/index/215599/the-iphone-5-the-latest-rumors

images-1.jpeg
327 REPLIES 327
Master

iphone is coming

Not saying anything against Apple, they make a solid product everytime.  But, if you haven't seen the Nexus S or gotten a chance to use one, I encourage you to do so.  It's a truly amazing phone.  And it has features that Apple is still trying to integrate into the iphone 5, like NFC ( Near Field Communication), Concave Super AMOLED screen, and 4G.   Of course iTunes integration may not work so I can understand the need for Mac OS.  I just wanted to say that the Nexus S is an incredible phone, but that's purely my opinion. 

Tom

Journeyman

iphone is coming

I would advise against the Nexus S 4G until the signal issue is resolved.  I own one.

Wizard

iphone is coming

@ tomdeaver - in case you haven't heard, there is a major signal issue with the Nexus and not being fixxed anytime soon. Also there is very little 4G anywhere and where this is most people say they can't get. I'm in a 3G area and we barely get that. It will be a couple years before there are more 4G towers. My hero gets better signal then the nexus. Samsung sucks and Apple rocks.

Journeyman

iphone is coming

I hope that Sprint does get the IPhone, I would get one in a heart beat. I'm not a fan boy I just like quality products. I have a Epic 4G and with the 4G in San Antonio it is hit and miss. It doesn't connect all the time to the 4G and it is very buggy. Add to that the way Samsung and Sprint for whatever reasons come a day late and a dollar short on the updates for the Epic I welcome something different on Sprint.

Wizard

iphone is coming

Good if this is true. It will make those who want an IPhone very happy!

Wizard

iphone is coming

iosfangirl, for official word from Sprint regarding the release/release date of a specific device, definitely keep the following links handy: www.sprint.com/comingsoon and www.sprint.com/newsroom

~ Nicholas

Wizard

iphone is coming

Check this article on Computer World on Sprint testing iPhone

Journeyman

iphone is coming

the iphone is not coming. I'm leaving sprint for the iphone, if any one else wants it i suggest they leave sprint too.

Wizard

Re: iphone is coming

tiesco wrote:

the iphone is not coming. I'm leaving sprint for the iphone, if any one else wants it i suggest they leave sprint too.

Can you give any actual examples where the iPhone is better then Sprints current offerings of the EVO, EPIC and Nexus? Not to mention the other phones coming this month and next.

All offer bigger screens, faster CPU's, Flash support, PDF support, customizations, SD card support, battery replacement and even more options PLUS the big advantage of not being tied to iTunes.

So whats the draw. Legitimante factual answers please.

Journeyman

iphone is coming

hahaha I don't work for sprint, I'm not trying to sell you anything. there are pros and cons on both platforms its up to the user to decide. you said you don't like itunes, well itunes would be a great reason for me to switch. I've had the Evo 4g (great phone) then switched to Epic 4g (awful phone beside keyboard) I have an ipad and over all i like it better and yes it does not have flash but flash on android isn't the greatest thing either. its good for videos but a lot of the time it force closes the browser because its too intense and android is already buggy as it is. I actually like in house memory then SD card even though you have the option to take it out and insert it anywhere which is awsome but every time you try to access it within the phone it take a while to read. I don't PDF, customizations was really cool when i first got the Evo, but now i'm just bored with it. i don't know if its because of the epic now (it sucks) i just don't care anymore (great feature though) . I'm sorry but the evo/epic (can't say for all others) batteries are a joke. My ipad lasts for like 2 days. evo/epic 4 chargers (bedroom/living room/car/work) and second battery. like i said, I'm not telling people to get the iphone, but if you want it go get it.

Journeyman

iphone is coming

did you know that Sprint had a chance to get the Iphone a few years back but PASSED on it? I am not an I-phone nut, but cmon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat