cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone is coming

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

If you like the iPhone that much why have you forced yourself to wait so long? It's been available for 4 years?

Personally I like webOS. It seems as though Sprint and HP can't get together and release a phone. I will go where the Pre3 goes. A carrier is not going to dictate what phone I use.

Wizard

iphone is coming

DGAMMILL - I almost got the iphone the first day it came out with AT&T. That was who I was with at that time but I was getting ready to move and where I live now AT&T really sucks. I've been with Sprint ever since and I like the pricing. Verizon is to much for our 3 phones and they are getting ready to cap the data come next month. I'm not complaining at all, I happen to love my android. But I love my Mac computer also and love ios. When Sprint gets the iphone, and they will, I will get it. I can wait, I have no problems with my phone now.

Journeyman

Re: iphone is coming

"Can you give any actual examples where the iPhone is better then Sprints current offerings of the EVO, EPIC and Nexus? Not to mention the other phones coming this month and next. All offer bigger screens, faster CPU's, Flash support, PDF support, customizations, SD card support, battery replacement and even more options PLUS the big advantage of not being tied to iTunes.

So whats the draw. Legitimante factual answers please."

it's easy, it's functional, multi-tasking, it lasts and I can do what I bought the phone for (and more). I know people still using their original 1st gen phones - by choice not due to budget. I don't like upgrading. For a 1mp camera (no flash) on the original phone, it takes better pics than my 5mp phone camera with flash. And all the apps. The ease of the calendar and an instruction book isn't required.

I'm also a mac user and NO ONE makes a phone that works well with macs which is strange since Macs have been the largest selling laptop for some time and Apple is pretty open with developers. I feel Apple has been forced into coming out with their own phone (and other hardware) because no one else will do it or can't it well (like RIM). Colleges have been dominated by Macs for over a decade now, which equals a whole generation graduating into the business world.

Android phones are close, but they still require knowledge and tinkering. The apps aren't as visual and anything Apple is visual. That's the direction the world is traveling.

In a nutshell: I wouldn't be wasting my time reading about which phone I want if Sprint had an iPhone. I don't work in a tech related field and quite honestly, I want to know as little as possible about the device I'm using to do what I need to do.

I know several people that don't have computers anymore, just their iPhone. I've thought about going that direction. It would be a dream come true (with NO instruction book required). It makes sense to me that for many people online, discussing phones because they like them, they want to know how it works, enjoy new tech stuff and control or customize it, so for them the iPhone wouldn't have much appeal. Different strokes.

It seems that no one in "the industry" can understand the appeal of many of Apple's products before they hit the market. That's because they are in the industry and not an average user.

Journeyman

iphone is coming

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/sprint-iphone-may-be-close-to-launch-20110610/   Go to this link and check out the rumored info 1st reported by Peter Misek analyst from Jefferies & CO. on May 15th, 2011. I totally agree, there have been a number of rumors going around just this past month that Sprint will indeed get the iphone 4S (or whatever Apple finally brands it) in September. I have a Sprint BlackBerry Curve 8330 and had been hoping that the new Bold 9930 would come out soon, but now it will NOT be released until late August. I'm not a big fan of touchscreens, but I did like the UI of the Verizon iphone 4 , and NOW with Sprint possibly getting the upgraded version with iOS5 & imessenger and a faster provessor and a better battery, It might be bye bye BlackBerry..you snooze...YOU LOSE!

Journeyman

iphone is coming

I have about had it with the mediocre phones. Blackberry seems to have better models for Verizon. For some reason other carriers get first dibs on new phones.  I am looking for the "wow" factor and huge debut phones like the Instinct that were hyped faded away against the phone competition. I am not an Apple zombie, but im ready to switch to at&t when the Iphone5 comes out.

Sprint should have gotten the Iphone back when they had the chance...they PASSED on it. Now they seem to focus on these trendy "green" phones of recycled materials and such. Thats nice and all, but I need a serious business phone. The Evo is nice....that was good. However, there are just far too many apps, products, and items geared towards Iphone.  Think about it, all the Iphone docking stations for home stereos, all the customized armbands for running.

Have you ever tried to take a blackberry curve 3G 9330 running? I am in the strongest signal area in the Kansas City area...minutes away from the Sprint campus and I cant go 15 seconds without the Slacker Radio lagging and freezing up. 

I have been with Sprint since 2005.  Nothing THAT bad has happened, I just feel let down. Not because they didnt provide decent service and coverage over the long term, but because they constantly try to come up with some new phone to be different and the competition crushes it.  The Nextel merger was horrible from what I was told by insiders.  Why do these bad decisions keep getting made within this corporation?  One share of Sprint stock is worth less than a McDonalds value meal.

Does this come off as a complainer? Depends.  Every time I have spoken with customer service I have been treated well.  The problem I am REALLY sick of is when you call customer service and you get some call center in what sounds like the Phillipines.  You can NOT have a sophisticated problem solved because the verbage is more complex and they can not understand.  They can identify key words you say and they go through their book or computer to find a solution.  They are trying, they really are. Its just so sad Sprint has to outsource such an important part of retention to a country across the globe. 

The Sprint unlimited plan is GREAT....even though they upped the monthly rate.  Not everything is off with Sprint.  They have some good things.  There are a lot of things the majority of everyday Joe public does not know about the wireless industry and what is going on behind the marketing.  Such as the conflict to allow Sprint to claim 4G when really it was pushing it because it did not meet the standards set early on to be able to market 4G.  They wanted to hurry and claim the first to have 4G when really the network was just being birthed.  Kind of a hocus pocus thing you know.

Anyway, good luck everyone. I have given Sprint....from my estimates well over $10,000 over the years in monthly payments, overage charges back in the day, buying phones and accessories in the stores, etc.  If im spending this kind of money as a high end user im going to want the most applicable phone in consumer society. Something that has the most accessories.  You go into Best Buy and you find a ton of electronics that are compatible with the Iphone. Not so much with Sprint phones.

Wizard

iphone is coming

LEFTYPEPPER716 - May 15, 2011????  Way out dated. There will be no iphone 4s and Sprint could get the iphone 5 anywhere from August to October. The iphone 5 will be the wow factor phone.

Journeyman

iphone is coming

I know, sorry, after more research, I found much better web articles about Sprint getting the iphone 5 (most rumors now say it'll be a full upgrade, and not just a 4S) And I agree, almost every sign is leaning to Sprint FINALLY! getting an iphone. Apple installed Sprint towers at thier Calif. campus in late 2010, then Sprint's CFO said "We'd love to get an iphone to Sprint", CEO Dan Hesse has never said Sprint would'nt get an iphone, rumors abound Sprint iphone in final testing, new iphone 5 WILL be GSM/CDMA world phone compatiable, and the most common sense of it all....IF you have YOUR yearly device on ALL four (3 if? At&t get's T-MO) carriers, you make MORE MONEY!!!! and I'm sure Apple will get the lion's share of any iphone 5 profit on Sprint, but Sprint KNOWS they'll make money period on selling the iphone 5 has the least expencesive data plans between them and At&t or Verizon. C'mon Sprint, lemme see 'dat iphone FIIIIVEEE!!! in late August-early Septemeber

Wizard

iphone is coming

It's cool. I've been keeping up and I am looking forward to Sprint getting the iphone 5. Before Android I was using Blackberry and loved it but then switched to Android and I love that also. I won't go back to BB, but I do want a choice. I really don't care for the bigger screens becasue the whole phone is just to big. When Sprint gets the iphone then I will compare to my needs. I would probably get the iphone becasue I love Apple products. They just work.

Journeyman

Re: iphone is coming

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 now for over two years (which I do love) but it's ran it's course, it's a relic almost now lol. and have been looking forward to the Bold 9930, but after hearing all the horror stories or delays and buggy OS and RIM trying to force carriers to get it out asap. (RIM actually believed that they could scoot by with a Bold upgrade of only 800mhz 516mb ram & 5mp cam...then said, "after seeing how much competition in the US, we've had to upgrade the Bold 9900 series to 1.2Ghz and now the delay is in carry testing, which RIM thinks the Bold 9930 will be released "lat-late" August) OMG!!! Evo 4G June 2010 1ghz!!! hello RIM!! the fact they are happy has heck to mass produce 3rd world craftsmanship 3G Curves to Asia & Indonesia and India and b**ch and moan to have to "COMPETE" in the US and upgrade a device that should have already been upgraded over a year ago, really irks the h**l outta me! and THEN introduce the Bold 9930 at BBW in May, knowing full well it wouldn't be ready until late August? At least when Apple introduces a new phone, if they say July...it's JULY!...it Apple says the iphone 5 will be in late Aug-early Sept....IT WILL BE....Why is Apple beginning to dominate again on just ONE yearly device? because they say what they mean, and mean what they say...period!

Journeyman

iphone is coming

i have the evo i think it is great, personally i would only want the iphone becuase its all white

Journeyman

iphone is coming

So are we certain that the iphone is coming to Sprint?

Journeyman

iphone is coming

The sales guy at the Sprint Store told me yesterday 6/27 that an Iphone would not FIT with the direction the company is going and he does not see the Iphone ever in Sprint's future....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat