cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone is coming

Highlighted
Wizard

iphone is coming

May you please private message me to let me know what it is I did. I don't use abusive language on here in any way. All I said was that Apple has not even made any announcements for any new iphone and we should all just wait to hear instead of reading rumors. The abuse was between BORISBULLDOG AND JETER2711.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iphone is coming

I hate wal-mart.

I'm sorry.... we are in a recession and people are saying they wanna pay $100 a month for one line just because they have the iPhone....?

For christ's sake...it's a damn phone!     It's a smartphone!!  they're everywhere....

I work for sprint and own both the iphone 4 and the Evo 4g....  Seriously guys....it's like windows vs mac....  it's all about preference...   If you like everything done for you and want something simple....get an iPhone.... if you want to customize and really do some cool things with your phone, get an Android. 

People say "oh they just make the iPhone better"   hey dummy...they only make ONE PHONE with it's OWN OS, they better get it right.....nearly every other smartphone is an android (except BB and webOS [which is going byebye]).   Not every Android app is going to work perfectly with each phone .....I wish it did, though.    

Ultimately, as a Sprint employee, I do agree that an iPhone is needed...I get too many customers looking to leave because of a phone....and a lot of them aren't even that impressed when they get it.

A lot of people are saying that it isn't needed......if you worked in the same department as I.....you'd realize it, too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

New evidence that the iPhone is coming to Sprint

The Wall Street Journal reports

that Sprint will offer the iPhone 5 when it launches later this year, becoming the third U.S. carrier to offer the iPhone. According to the report, the iPhone 5 will launch simultaneously on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T in "mid-October".

Sprint Nextel Corp. will begin selling the iPhone 5 in mid-October, people familiar with the matter said, closing a huge hole in the No. 3 U.S. carrier's lineup and giving Apple Inc. another channel for selling its popular phone.

The timing, however, indicates Apple's new iPhone will hit the market later than expected and too late to contribute to sales in the company's fiscal fourth quarter, which ends in September. Most observers had expected the device to arrive next month.

The iPhone 5 will debut on AT&T and Verizon at the same time, and Sprint is said to also be gaining the iPhone 4.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

@KCGilbert.

Thanks for the link and no surprise here!

My question is, what will all the Sprint iPhone haters do now?

Highlighted
Journeyman

They are just gonna have to suck it up and pretend like they aren't going to get the best phone ever made!

I just hope they support multi-tasking:

AT&T does Verizon don't.

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and 3Gs, wasnt going to get a Verizon solely based on it having no multi-tasking if Sprint don't have it either I might not get on here either, but who knows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If it will help Sprint's bottom line, then by all means, I hope they get the iPhone.  Heck, I might even get one for my wife.  ...if it is at price parity with the Motorola Photon.  I fear the iSheep's bandwidth effect on Sprint like what happened to AT&T and Verizon when they got the iPhone.  However, on further reflection, I can't imagine that just because Sprint gets the iPhone, it will suddenly clog their EM spectrum allotment and Sprint will start limiting our data -- as has happened on Verizon and AT&T.  My Photon is supremely excellent at using bandwidth, and a far superior phone to the iPhone in every way (except simplicity); I can't imagine iSheep using any more than the typical Android user.

The problem Apple haters (such as myself) have is the ridiculous cult-like following Apple has.  As KCGILBERT said, it's just a phone.  When you control everything about the phone, as Apple does, of course it's going to work better than something that is more free, customizable, and open. 

Apple's 70% profit margin would be criticized as obscene if it were any other industry -- by most of the very people who buy Apple products.  I'm all for Apple making as much profit as they can off people ignorant enough to pay it, but the vast majority of those people who are paying way too much for inferior technology run around like they're superior beings; it's just plain disgusting. 

If you want to do things the way Apple says, pay a huge price premium for it, not be able to customize your phone, not have widgets or notification panel, not be able to change your battery, not be able to expand your storage capacity, and do all that on a too-small screen, then by all means, pay through your nose and get an iPhone.  It's your money to spend as foolishly as you like.  Just stop being so smug that you bought a device that so limits what you can do in the name of simplicity.  Simple does not necessarily mean superior. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mitchedo?

Why do yo say "I hope they get the iPhone" did you not read the press release?  Sprint IS getting the iPhone in mid October!  Jeesh!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Experienced the exact same thing with the Nexus S as you have.  Fortunately I returned the piece of junk before the 30 days were up.

Highlighted
Master

Press Release? Did Sprint or Apple put out a press release? Until either one does it is still ONLY A RUMOR.

BORISBULLDOG wrote:

@mitchedo?

Why do yo say "I hope they get the iPhone" did you not read the press release?  Sprint IS getting the iPhone in mid October!  Jeesh!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@levi4u

Wow, just wow!

Why not just keep denyng it until you can actually touch the iPhone at a Sprint store? 

Lets see if get this straight, multiple media have reported this, Sprint and Apple stock has risen based on this anouncement and you need proof from a Apple or Sprint press release?

Seriously, the Sprint iphone haters AMAZE me!

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-08-23/Report-Sprint-to-get-iPhone-5-in-October/50109148...

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

It looks like it is! The Wall Street Journal confirmed it, here is the link... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903327904576526690675657466.html

Highlighted
Master

iphone is coming

What is happening is circular   the wall street journal publishs and article  citing  sources familar  with the matter.

The other news outlets retell the story citing the wall street journal.   The the wall street journal is cited as confiramtion of the other articles.  So we have the wall street journal confirming an article.   If there is truth to the matter I do not know.   If the I phone is coming or not I do not know.   I agree with levi until one of the two companies concern releases something

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat