Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone is coming

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

So...Because I give my opinion from past Apple experiences I am giving an uneducated opinion? And where is the "hate" tone?    I have used past Apple products and they were fine...The latest have something missing.. Why do most of the Apple supporters tend to resort to personality attacks instead of stating the iPhones better than the other's attributes? Keep the insults up iPhone fans...Try some real statistics instead of personal put-downs.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

By the way MG... I did compare User manuals from iPad and Samsung Tab...And shopped the app stores for both.....So my "hate opinion" is anything but that.........Your response is not exactly  open to opposing views.......

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

what statistics do you want? what information do you want?

I can tell you I'll go to Apple because the product is more reliable, their service is 1000% better, the OS is more secure, and the phone is SO much more stable than Android.

I am an Android user at the moment (Samsung Nexus S 4G), and I HATE the stupid phone. Battery life is sucktastic, there is little to no reliablity with the phone - some things work, some things done, and the rest of them just freeze the stupid thing up so that I have to do a battery pull to get it to work again.

Before anyone tells me to go root my phone - I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO root the stupid phone to make it work correctly - it should just WORK out of the box. I CAN root, I CHOOSE not to root because it voids the warrenty and it takes up my precious time I can be doing other things with.

I'm not an Apple FanGirl, I'm not an Apple nut - I just happen to LIKE the iPhone for what it is and what it does.I will defend the product for what it is and what it's capable of.

Bring on the iPhone. If Sprint doesn't - I may have to go elsewhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

My point is you and others like Apple products. Others and myself do not......No one is right or wrong in their preferences...To call others ignorant, un-educated, douchebags, etc. is just lame....We all have our preferred technology.....That is no reason to put others below you because they have different opinions....You that like Apple....great....Those that like Android.....Great....That is what keeps competition alive........To belittle others for a different opinion is totally useless....Respect their choice and they will respect yours.....A no-brainer.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

I've had iPhone.. I've had Andriod.. I've had Jailbroken, I have rooted.

I would take the iPhone jailbroken anyday over an andriod phone! I would rather take back my iPhone 3G that shut down and froze so much I broke the screen throwing it at the ground then keep using an andriod phone.

iPhone > Andriod

Nerds need to stop hating on Steve Jobs.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: iphone is coming

My comment was directed towards anyone who takes a stance against ANY  technology product whether it be Android or Apple with no real  reference or actual personal experience as a basis for espousing such an  opinion. If I misinterpreted your comments "... I don't use Apple  products... Way overrated too" to mean that you have a strong opinion  against products that you have never used, and I unfairly lumped you in  with the many vocal anti-Apple crowd on the net, I apologize.

I still say if anyone has never used an iPhone, especially in it's latest iOS4 incarnation or they base their anti-Apple opinions solely on their Bondi blue iMac G3 running OS 9 experience in 2001, if on anything at all, then I really take their opinion with a grain of salt. Differing opinions are all fine and good, as long as they are formed on something more objective rather than subjective. There's no shortage of "Apple-haters" who take that stance just to be contrary and the iPhone coming has brought a few out here.

I'm a long-time Mac user. I have an iPod Touch and am familiar  with iOS. Many of my friends and work associates have iPhones and I have  seen them in use, tried them for myself and compared and discussed  their phones vs. my EVO many, many times. I have owned and used this  Android phone going on 2 years. I don't hate it (well, except for maybe a couple aspects of it), but I certainly think Apple has the better product.

It helps that everyone's iPhone experience should be the same because the hardware and software are identical, compared to Android which can vary across the many different device makers and interfaces, like HTC's Sense, for example. Just read all the posts about the nightmares caused by half-baked Android device Gingerbread system updates. (EVO had issues & LG Optimus S... Sheesh!) Apple can keep the continuity, whereas the kludge of various Android devices can not.

spdorje wrote:

My point is you and others like Apple products. Others and myself do not......No one is right or wrong in their preferences...To call others ignorant, un-educated, douchebags, etc. is just lame....We all have our preferred technology.....That is no reason to put others below you because they have different opinions....You that like Apple....great....Those that like Android.....Great....That is what keeps competition alive........To belittle others for a different opinion is totally useless....Respect their choice and they will respect yours.....A no-brainer.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

Does anyone know if flash will be available on the new IPhone since it is not available on any of the older apple products that will make it hard to view video from other websites or pop ups.  I have a android currently and it is okay just freezes at times and the battery life, other than that it has been reliable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

I would highly doubt it. Apple has stated they will not help Adobe develope it and Adobe has stated the wont develope it for the iPhone. Currently the only way to get flash on an Apple device is to get a laptop or PC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

I was waiting for Sprint and Apple to confirm the iphone 5 for Sprint, but all I've read were rumors, and still Sprint may just wind up with an updated iphone 4S until Sprint goes fully to LTE next year and THEN get the iphone 6 simulationusly with At&t and Verizon. I chose to use my upgrade on the BlackBerry Bold 9930 for the next 2yrs. By 2013, I'll have a great choice between (by then) LTE 4G BlackBerry w/QNX OS or iphone 6 4G w/iOS6. After over a month having the Bold 9930 (by far the BEST BlackBerry ever made) I'm very happy and satisfied with my choice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

i have the LG lotus and I am trying to hold out to mid october, to see if the Iphone roumors are true even it they get the Iphone 4 or the updated iphone 4s It still would be worth it. I've seen the EVO's and the BlackBerries, and They just aren't my taste. If it was not for my longevity with sprint, and their great plan prices, and ammenities, compared to verizon or at&t I would have switched years ago to get the Iphone.  But Sprint has then beat on their monlthly plan prices. The added 150 a month just for one phone though at&t is not worth the Iphone to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone is coming

I am eligible for an upgrade and I going to wait it out! At least until mid October then if no iphone, I may go with the photon.Holding out sure gets harder and harder. I hope its gunna be worth the wait!!

Journeyman

iphone is coming

Yes,  Sprint is getting the new Iphone 5.  October 5th or 15th, it will be released for purchase or reserve. Sprint will be the only carrier offering the unlimited data plan for it, thus causing them to end their Sprint Premier Service.

Source: Family works at Corporate Office

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat