cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone is coming

Journeyman

Re: iphone is coming

If the rumor is true, Sprint paid $20 billion to buy 30 million iPhones, which works out to $666 each if I got all the zeroes right in the calculator.  ...not to mention, that's more phones than the current total Sprint subscriber base. 

No wonder Sprint is giving their current customers the shaft!  They have to pay to get the iSheeple on board.  I just wish they'd charge the iSheep and leave me the h-e-double-hockey-sticks alone!

I just spent $700 to upgrade 4 phones on my account, Two Photons and two Epic 4G touch Galaxy S2.  They are all WONDERFUL phones!  My coworkers all have iPhones, and quite frankly, the iPhone is an over-hyped, over-rated, dated piece of tech.

I just don't understand the whole iPhone appeal.  The phone and the OS were groundbreaking, but now they just look dated and childish.  They're playing catch-up with Android currently.  ...and Sprint is pricing themselves right out of the market -- iPhone or no iPhone.

I just ran the numbers, and my monthly bill with Sprint (some $300) is within about $20/month of Verizon.  If Sprint caps my data, I'm all kinds of gone!  I live out west, and coverage is important.  Verizon has it all over Sprint coverage-wise.  Sure, I can roam on Verizon's voice network, but my data won't work when roaming.  I can't even use GPS navigation once I lose Sprint coverage, which is anyplace outside a major metro area.

I also don't understand this childish need to upgrade every year (not that an iPhone is an upgrade), and expect to do it at a significantly-reduced cost.  I got my first cell phone circa 1994.  I am currently on my 4th phone and third carrier. 

Journeyman

JIMSHEPPARD77 wrote:

I just-read on Sprint website that Sprint is discontinuing the premier program. Up until now I have been eligible for an upgrade yearly. A couple of days ago I saw on my account I had an upgrade only $75 off. Today, no upgrade. ,y price for iPhone 4? over $500? Shay? Bye bye Sprint? Are we really expected to just take it?

Maybe Sprint got tired of you milking them for upgrades?

Were you expecting to get a new iPhone for free?

Journeyman

iphone is coming

I notice on the Sprint wesite they have it listed as iPhone 4, not the 4s. Interesting, I also notice they are only offering the 8gig model. So we lost our premier plan, and we only get the small iPhone 4?

Wizard

iphone is coming

• Sprint will sell 2 versions of iPhone 4:
    • 8GB – in white and black
  • Sprint will sell 6 versions of iPhone 4S:
    • 16 GB – in black and white
    • 32 GB – in black and white
    • 64 GB – in black and white
Journeyman

When will they list the 4s? And what will the pricing be? Honestly, why sell the 4? Unless its a price point piece.

Also, Sprint better be careful, I bet alot of people may buy the 4 thats listed thinking its the 4s, given all the excitement. That and it says 4s all over the info pages, until you get to the preorder page. Its comes across a bit misleading.

Journeyman

iphone is coming

You can pre-order the iphone 4s starting on 10/7/2011 at midnight PST.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone/index.html

Wizard

• iPhone with 16GB 4S will cost $199.
  • iPhone 4S with 32GB will cost $299.
  • iPhone 4S with 64GB will cost for $399.
  • iPhone 4 with 8GB will cost $99.
  • These prices require a new-line activation or eligible upgrade and two-year agreement.

The iPhone 4 is available for pre-order today and the iPhone 4s is available on Friday. The information is clear on the ordering page at sprint.com/iphone

"Pre-order iPhone 4 today; iPhone 4S on Friday"

Journeyman

Yes, I see it. But as someone who has worked in retail, customers dont always pay attention to small print. And when you click the 4s info or the preorder it takes you to an iPhone 4. Many people will over look the available on the 7th. Perhaps when you click the preorder the screen should say "iPhone 4 or Iphone 4s?". Might save a few headaches, and lets face it, Sprint has quite a few headaches lately.

Journeyman

David, I can tell you have experience. Your patience is amazing. lol. Whew....

Wizard

I definietely understand where you're coming from.  Personally I think it would have been easier just to make all of the phones available at the same time for pre-orders, but hopefully we are doing a decent enought job of relaying the information to everyone as it becomes available.

**EdisonStarfire - I'm sorry, I have a hard time determining if that's sarcasm or a genuine compliment

Journeyman

coop042 wrote:

When will they list the 4s? And what will the pricing be? Honestly, why sell the 4? Unless its a price point piece.

Also, Sprint better be careful, I bet alot of people may buy the 4 thats listed thinking its the 4s, given all the excitement. That and it says 4s all over the info pages, until you get to the preorder page. Its comes across a bit misleading.

Wow, if your that stupid and can't read the difference between ordering a 4 or a 4s, then you deserve to be charged a "stupid" fee! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope you arent refering to me.

And yes, people can be that stupid, have you ever worked in retail?

Me: “Alright, the sequence you need to press is Pound(#)-8678423 to program your phone.”

Caller: “What?”

Me: “Press Pound-8678423 on the phone’s number pad.”

Caller: “I don’t see anything that says ‘Pound’.”

Me: “The Pound key looks like a tic-tac-toe. It’s the button right under the 9 key.”

Caller: “You mean I have to take apart my phone, pull off the numbers, and press this ‘Pound’ key to get the thing working?”

Me: “No, ma’am, don’t take the phone apart. The Pound key is below the 9 and to the right of the zero.”

Caller: “But I’m telling you, I can’t get to that key if it’s under the 9! I have to take the 9 off to see it!”

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat