cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just put the order in for my new iphone4s but using my fathers upgrade not mine, how do i activate it on my line?

Patron

just put the order in for my new iphone4s but using my fathers upgrade not mine, how do i activate it on my line?

So i just ordered my iphone4s from the apple store for $216 but i had to use my fathers upgrade in order to get it for that price, since i am not getting an upgrade for another year and yes we are all under the same account. So my question is when the phone arrives to my house do i acitvate it on my fathers line then switch it to mine or take it to the sprint store and just activate it on my line? please do help

4 REPLIES 4
Patron

So i just ordered my iphone4s from the apple store for $216 but i had to use my fathers upgrade in order to get it for that price, since i am not getting an upgrade for another year and yes we are all under the same account. So my question is when the phone arrives to my house do i acitvate it on my fathers line then switch it to mine or take it to the sprint store and just activate it on my line? please do help

Highlighted
Wizard

Obviously, you want/need it on your line.  Either you or your father will eventually have to "come clean" about how you're trying to circumvent the system.

If you weren't trying to pull a fast one, you wouldn't be so panicked or wondering what to do.

Assuming I'm wrong and this is all "above board", why not just go to the Sprint store, tell them what you did and what you want to do, and ask them to activate it on your account?  Sounds easy, right?

Wizard

Because it's on the same account you can either take it to a Sprint store and have them activate it on your line or you can call into customer care have have them perform the activation.

-Alec

Journeyman

I was able to do it and the phone was from my mom's account. It's really easy. You will have to activate it on his line first. Because it is programmed and registered with apple for his number. Once you get to the home screen. You can call sprint from another phone(not your dad's or yours). It is best to have your dad's phone with you when you do it, because they will need the serial number from it. Tell them you want to activate his original phone onto his line and the put the iPhone on yours. You will need the account password and name on the account etc.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat