cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My daughter as been missing for 5 days and she has a iphone 4s, but the location service is turned off.  Is it any other possible way to locate the phone?  Please

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: location

msmommy985

Thank you for posting to the Community.

First, I would like to strongly suggest contacting the local authorities for this kind of situation. It's important to report an urgent matter such as this to them.

From a phone's standpoint, there are limited options we have but it be dependent on the state of the phone. If the phone is powered off, there will be no way to track it at all.

The first option I would look at is the ability to install an app from the App Store. This will require knowing the login information for iTunes/App Store for that particular user. If you have this information, you can choose to install a 3rd party tracking application - even though the GPS radio may be off it's still possible to get a general location with network tower triangulation - this isn't near as accurate but at least it's something.

The other option is to look at the Family locator service. This is a paid service Sprint provides and again requires the phone to be powered on in order to work. You can look into this option here: Sprint Family Locator

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
GrandMaster

are any of these options able to happen even if they DONT have the phone in front of them?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much for replying, is the iTunes Id /password the same as the iCloud log in. If so I do know the info. Could you please tell me the app name so I can try it. The police isnt any help because she is 18, but she has a medical condition and needs to see the doctor.  Please I'm willing to try anything.

Highlighted
Wizard

msmommy985

The iCloud option may be the best option. Even if the GPS radio is turned off the "Locate My Phone" feature should still give a general location based on the cell tower. This is dependent on the Find My Phone feature being turned on (needs to be turned on from the device) but you may as well log in just to see. Have you tried login into iCloud yet to check?

I am working with one of my co-workers to see about installing apps remotely. I have done it before through the Android Play Store but have yet to try from App Store.

Thanks,

Chris

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat