Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recipients are receiving blank texts from my iphone 4s

Highlighted
Journeyman

recipients are receiving blank texts from my iphone 4s

A few days ago I sent a text message to a friend whom I have texted with previously with no problem.  She called me to say the texts are coming to her as just a box with nothing in it.  It happened to another friend the next day.  I called Sprint c/s and they told me to reset my network settings, but that didn't help.  I wonder if anyone else has this issue?  The two people who are not getting the texts do not have iphones, but I have previously texted them on the phones they have and the messages always went through.  All my texts to other iphones are going through fine.  HELP! 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

With problem only happening with 2 senders  It sounds like the problem is on that side.Do you know what carrier the other person is using?  Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Highlighted
Wizard

Another long shot:

Try turning off MMS Messaging. Go to Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging OFF.  Then send a message to a non-iPhone and see if it's OK. Make sure Settings > Messages > Send As SMS is ON.

Highlighted
Journeyman

seeblue1 - tks for the suggestion - unfortunately it didn't work. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

abe2020 - they have Verizon - but I have texted with them previously without problems..this just started a few days ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here off and on for a month. One recipient is a sprint customer...the other verizon......and the one gets charged even for blank texts that I sent.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat