cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recipients are receiving blank texts from my iphone 4s

Journeyman

recipients are receiving blank texts from my iphone 4s

A few days ago I sent a text message to a friend whom I have texted with previously with no problem.  She called me to say the texts are coming to her as just a box with nothing in it.  It happened to another friend the next day.  I called Sprint c/s and they told me to reset my network settings, but that didn't help.  I wonder if anyone else has this issue?  The two people who are not getting the texts do not have iphones, but I have previously texted them on the phones they have and the messages always went through.  All my texts to other iphones are going through fine.  HELP! 

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: recipients are receiving blank texts from my iphone 4s

With problem only happening with 2 senders  It sounds like the problem is on that side.Do you know what carrier the other person is using?  Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Wizard

Another long shot:

Try turning off MMS Messaging. Go to Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging OFF.  Then send a message to a non-iPhone and see if it's OK. Make sure Settings > Messages > Send As SMS is ON.

Journeyman

seeblue1 - tks for the suggestion - unfortunately it didn't work. 

Journeyman

abe2020 - they have Verizon - but I have texted with them previously without problems..this just started a few days ago.

Journeyman

Same problem here off and on for a month. One recipient is a sprint customer...the other verizon......and the one gets charged even for blank texts that I sent.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat