cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint is incredibly slow, how long will this go on for?

Journeyman

I purchased the iphone 4s 2 weeks after the release date back in october and it is incredibly slow! after several calls and even visiting stores, neither sprint nor apple has done anything to help. im extremely frustrated, i live in new jersey, one town away from jersey city and 5 minutes from new york, i would not expect such slow service in this area! this is ridiculous!  sprint has great data plans but whats the point when the data is too slow to even be used? sprints description of the iphone says "fast" they should seriously reevaluate their wording there

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

i also want to add that my phone will not send videos or pictures, ive become so used to seeing "MESSAGE FAILURE" that when a picture actually does send im exciteddd about it! i shouldnt be excited when my iphone sends a picture through a text because its supposed to do that but honestly 9.9 times out of 10 it does not! (a video has yet to send once, constant failure even after 15 attempts and with full wifi!!!!!!!!) sometimes texts do not even send and everyone i text complains of receiving my messages several times...sprint shows no changes for my location in the next 6 months, i am a VERY unsatisfied unhappy and ANNOYED sprint customer! ive been with sprint for about 11 years now and im ready to pay all the extra money and switch to a netowrk that actually works!IMG_0820.PNG

Journeyman

oh also, i have to bring my charger EVERYWHERE because if i use the iphone pretty much at all it dies in no time! my friends with iphones on other networks can use their phones id say 3 times more than me without losing half the battery life while mine dies trying to google a few things and send some pics, reall SO inconvenient

Journeyman

If your thinking of leaving for another provider I would recommend doing it now while you can get top dollar for your iphone.  I put mine in craigslist and sold it for $550.

It is crazy how the battery is affected on the sprint network for some reason.  I think the iphone is trying to get better data speeds or connection or something.  I noticed quickly that my iphone with a different carrier lasted 2-3 times longer than my sprint iphone.  Not sure again why.  But definitily noticable

Journeyman

Re: sprint is incredibly slow, how long will this go on for?

Hey Thartt,

Just wanted you to know its not just you in the area.  Using speedtest.com with a server in Clifton, NJ, I just got:

PING: 340ms

DOWNLOAD: 0.06

UPLOAD: 0.02

I live in Wayne. 

Pathetic...so much for unlimited data when I cant go over 10MB in a month even if I tried my hardest.  What a sham.

Sad fact is, Sprint will probably do nothing about it.  Dont expect better data speeds unless you go to another provider.

Journeyman

I have to agree.  I signed up with Sprint with great expectations.  I really wanted to like Sprint.  But 2 and a half months later, I sure do regret it.  I love the iPhone 4S which is my first iPhone.  However, I have to download and update all of my apps at home using my home WiFi.  Data speeds in Aurora and Denver, CO are just pitiful.  I cannot surf the Web, let alone even think about streaming YouTube or Netflix.  I am lucky to use Google Maps.  The voice and text so far have worked pretty well.  Thank goodness for that.  As soon as much contract expires, I am switching networks.

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same here in San JOse, Ca. 3G Sseeds are SO SLOW!!!!!!! I used to be with Sprint until theiPhone 3Gs came out and since Sprint didn't carry it I went to AT&T. Once I heard Sprint was going to carry the iPhone 4 and 4s I decided to go back, becuase when I used to have Sprint the data speeds were GREAT. Now I regret it. It's frustrates me that companies the spend million and millions of dollars can't get things to work effiecently and all the time. I have also noticed that Siri works intermitanly, possibly due to low bandwith that Sprint is providing? All I know is that as soon as my contract is up I WILL BE MOVING BACK TO AT&T!!!

VERY VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH SPRINT!!

Highlighted
Patron

Welcome to Sprint. Slowest speeds in the industry, clearly not ready for the iPhone when they launced it. Even Apple says Sprint was tragically wrong for the device. There doesn't seem to be any end in sight for their issues with slow speeds and awful network coverage. Even with all bars and full service, there are still issues sending/getting texts and maintaining phone calls.

Their solution is to charge you for an extra device (Airwave) which DOESN'T work consistatnly if at all, with the iPhone.

On top of that, the complete and utter lack of communication between departments in their customer service makes trying to deal with any and all issues, almost impossible. They're busy pouring millions of dollars into advertising and sponsoring sporting events/coverage but can't be bothered updating their network to the 21st century.

Best Advice, Verizon or At&t. While their plans are more expensive, at least your devices will work. (I haven't even been with Sprint 6 months and i'm already considering paying the early termination fee to get as far away from them as possible.)

Journeyman

Maybe its just the Iphone or something... Damn thats slow. I have no problems with the android phone. I read about this a long time ago when I was thinking about getting the Iphone for my fiance... Glad I did my research. =p

Journeyman

The Android phones in my area were getting the exact same slow 3G speeds as the iphone.

Journeyman

I've got an android phone, (EVO 4g).  It's not just the apple phones that are slow.  I go between 0.02 and 0.28kbps.   The only time I get decent speed when I'm away from home, seems to be when I find a hotspot, (funny enough they are usually the att.net hotspots...:)).

On a more serious note, it's bad when your customers have to use your competitors hotspots to effectively use the phones that are supposed to be awesome on your network....

28801 and 28806 zip code area, (Asheville, NC), has some horrible data throughput right now, and has had horrible throughput for a few months now.   I'm not the only person around here with sprint phones that has this problem.  I've talked to several sprint customers, and it seems to be pretty consistant.  

Maybe Sprint should fix the network they currently have, as opposed to blowing billions on a brand new set of protocols... 

Journeyman

And wasting all that money advertising on the football game halftime shows and pre/post game shows.  Also how much do they pay for all those commercials?  I see commercials for Sprint left and right.  In my area I see way more Sprint commercials than the others.  Sprint by far pays for the most commercials (in my area), followed by AT&T, then Verizon, and then TMobile.

But I agree.  They should be using as much money as possible right now on their network.  Not paying the NFL to put their Sprint logo on the halftime shows.

LeftStrat wrote:

I've got an android phone, (EVO 4g).  It's not just the apple phones that are slow.  I go between 0.02 and 0.28kbps.   The only time I get decent speed when I'm away from home, seems to be when I find a hotspot, (funny enough they are usually the att.net hotspots...:)).

On a more serious note, it's bad when your customers have to use your competitors hotspots to effectively use the phones that are supposed to be awesome on your network....

28801 and 28806 zip code area, (Asheville, NC), has some horrible data throughput right now, and has had horrible throughput for a few months now.   I'm not the only person around here with sprint phones that has this problem.  I've talked to several sprint customers, and it seems to be pretty consistant.  

Maybe Sprint should fix the network they currently have, as opposed to blowing billions on a brand new set of protocols... 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat