cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint is incredibly slow, how long will this go on for?

Journeyman

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/78766?tstart=0

Please post your iPhone 4/4g data speed issue in the above topic. So far thats the only topic Sprint pays attention to.

Journeyman

I keep speaking to tech support, but I'm increasingly sick of being told that they're adding towers in my area. They've been telling me that for four years. It's slow nationwide, but as to the battery issue that some mentioned, check your Location Settings. If you don't need it on, turn it off. Also, turn off your Bluetooth when you're not using it. Major battery crusher. Don't forget to Google the best ways to preserve and charge your battery. There's apps that can help. I recommend Battery Doctor Pro. If you're using a Sprint/Virgin Mobile mifi, look up a mifi monitoring app, too!

Journeyman

Re: sprint is incredibly slow, how long will this go on for?

It is Nov 2014 AND THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM!!!!!!  You claim to have just updated service and a tower about 1/4 of a mile from my home in St. Louis, MO.  I can't get 4G at my home on my HTC One.  On 3G my Sprint download speed is 1.11 Mbps.  My wife has AT&T business cell phone.  Her 3G download speed is 34.06 Mbps.  What's up?  My neighbor was at my home and watched me download a program; it too about five minutes.  He has T-Mobile phone downloaded it in under one minute!  My daughter who is on my plan and go to college in Michigan also has this same problem on Sprint in Michigan.  Her boyfriend who has AT&T phone flies compared to her Sprint.  They have the same phones only she is Sprint and he is AT&T.  Is there a solution, or do we move our family plan to AT&T?

Master

fredisatllman,
We would definitely hate to see you go. I apologize that you are having issues in your area but, I would love to take a further look into this to see how we can get this resolved as soon as possible for you. Can you provide me with the nearest cross streets and zip code? Are all the lines on the account having this issue? What are the make/model of the devices? Let me know. I'm here to help. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I already did this for my phone (I'm in West St. Louis county) and for my daughter's phone (Detroit, MI).  According to Sprint everything is OK with the towers involved.  Unfortunately, if you Goggle Sprint slow 3G, it is obvious that this is a unique Sprint problem.  Stop with the BS!

Master

fredisatllman,

I'm sorry to hear about the slow data speeds you're experiencing. We're happy to look into this for you, if you would like us to check it out, please provide the nearby cross streets and zip for your area in St. Louis and your daughter's area in Detroit.

What type of phone does your daughter have? Have you done any updates on your phones recently? Could you please dial ##72786# on your phone and allow it to restart and update? This update will help reconnect your phone to the network and can be completed on most android phones. If your daughter is using an iPhone, please have her use ##873283# and tap call instead. Let us know if the updates help please.

Thank you,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I already did this with one of your agents.  Lets admit it, your service stinks.  When I filed a BBB complaint about your slow internet speeds, the person from Sprint who called me said 3g and 4g are undefined terms (so you can't expect one company's 3g to be as fast or slow as another company's).  Great answer.  Why not call your service 18g. You can then start running TV commercials that say why suffer through AT&T's 4g when you can have Sprint's 18g.

I just did it again to see if there was any improvement.  I then ran OOKLA's Speedtest.  My download speed was 0.98 Mbps.  The last time we ran my wife's ATT phone from this same location is was well over 20 times faster.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat